Tuesday, January 1, 2019

Monday, December 31, 2018


Well, it’s the last day of the year – another one that has flown by.

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, got up once during the night and woke/got up at 7:45.

I had a bowl of granola with banana slices for breakfast.

I waited for Laura to get up, shower and dress and we left the apt about 9:45.

On our way I peeked in the window of the pet shop where, as usual, I saw a couple dogs getting haircuts.  Laura again said she wants a dog.  I would like to get one also but I have a few higher priorities right now.

We took a bus to downtown Envigado.  At the bank, surprise, it was closed.  I guess I’ll have to wait until Wednesday to claim my cash and pay my bills.

Laura and I went to Carbon de Leña where she had breakfast and I had a café con leche.  While sitting there I noticed a man walking across the street (towards the other side) put his hand in his pocket and when he removed it 3 bills fell out onto the road.  Soon a breeze blew them up further up the road.

When we left she went to catch a bus for downtown Medellin (wait, she told me she had to go in the afternoon, go figure) and I headed to Cotrafa to pay the Une bill.  Cotrafa also was closed.  I went up the street to Todo Drogas where I bought my medications for the new month for 200mil ($61).  I took a bus back to La Buena Mesa and walked back to the apt.

Inside I found Alejandro, Esmeralda’s son.  Teresa informed me that Esmeralda went to get her hair done.  I understand they are staying for lunch.  Great!  Teresa is making spaghetti ala Juanita and I will be making garlic bread.

Laura returned at 1pm with 3 cute winter hats she bought downtown Medellin for only 15,000 pesos ($5) total.

I just noticed my laptop feels a little warm.  I checked the fan and it isn’t working.  Why not?  I checked closer and it appears it is working.  Whew!

It appears the Kodak EasyShare camera my brother gave me doesn’t work any longer.  I put new batteries in it but it won’t turn on.

I made garlic bread and we all (minus Esmeralda) sat down to eat.  Piggy that I am I had 3 half slices of garlic bread, Laura and Alejandro had 2 and Teresa had 1.  Esmeralda arrived as we were finishing and she ate the last 2 slices.  Oh, we had spaghetti also.  Lol.

Esmeralda left.

Alejandro and I played about 3 games of chess on my chess table.  Of course I won each of them easily.

Alejandro left.

Laura came back with MT and they left to go to mass at San Marcos.  I asked Teresa if she has told MT that Laura is going to the US to be an au pair in Mass.  Teresa said she is going to tell her Laura is studying in a US college while staying in my brother’s apartment.  I told her not to depend on me remembering all these lies.

Wow, when they finally returned they reported that it was a 2-hour service.

Starting about 9pm we had a few fireworks but at least there hasn’t been any loud music – so far.

Joke of the day
A lady gets on a public bus.  Without saying a word, she gestures to the bus driver by sticking her thumb up her nose and waving her fingers at the driver. 

The driver acknowledges the lady, turns to her and uses both hands in the same type of gesture and waves all his fingers at her. 

The woman holds her right arm out at the driver and chops at it a few times with her left hand.

Then the driver puts his left hand on his right bicep and jerks his right arm up in a fist at her.

The woman then cups both of her hands under her breasts and lifts gently.

The driver places both of his hands at his crotch and gently lifts up.

Then the woman frowns, runs a finger up between her derriere, and gets off the bus.

There is another woman sitting in the front row of the bus who witnessed the whole exchange.  She speaks up, “That was the most disgusting thing I have ever seen on a public bus!  What the hell were you doing?”

“Listen lady”, states the gruff bus driver, “the lady that got on the bus before was a deaf-mute.  She asked me if the bus went to 5th street.  I told her no, we go to 10th street.  She asked if we make many stops.  I told her that his was the express.  She asked if we go by the dairy, and I told her we go by the ballpark.  She said, “Shit, I’m on the wrong bus!” and got off.

No comments:

Post a Comment