Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Monday, January 14, 2019


I got up once during the night, a second time at 6:30 finally getting up at 7:30.

We are out of eggs so I had a bowl of hot oatmeal for breakfast.  

Teresa is leaving soon for the nueve eps office in Poblado or Itagui.

I left the apt at 9:30 and on the way to the gym I saw another Google Maps car.  This time it was coming towards me and I was able to see that there are no words printed on the side.  I completed all my exercises in about an hour and a half.

Back at the apt Teresa called me a few minutes after noon asking me to meet her in Buena Mesa for lunch.  I joined her at Asados Rogelio for their menu del dia for 17mil each (a littl expensive by Colombian standards).  Laura joined us a few minutes later.

We caught a taxi to Poblado for Teresa’s 2:15 appt. with the plastic surgeon.  He said everything looks good and he wants to see her again after we talk to the oncologist about the need for chemotherapy.

Remember in the 1940s women walking around in nightclubs with these “boxes” selling “cigars, cigarettes, tiparillos”?  Men here use those same “boxes” to sell candies, gum, cookies and other snacks.

On our way walking up to Santafe mall we passed a blind man selling packages of cookies from his “box”.  He must have heard Laura and I speaking English because as we passed he said in English “don’t forget to take your cookies”.  Lol.

In Santafe mall the ladies visited Zara, Barishka (sp?), and Forever 21 while I waited patiently on a sofa outside the stores.  Laura finally found a few winter scarves on sale that I bought for 52,930 ($17) and Teresa found a couple dresses for 99,990 ($33).

We had a snack at Crepes & Waffles for 56,400 ($18).

We easily caught a taxi back to the apt.

I watched a couple more episodes of The Walking Dead on Direct TV.

Laura left about 6pm to meet with friends in Caldas but she was back by 9pm.

Joke of the day
A 75-year old man went to his doctor’s office to get a sperm count.
The doctor gave the man a jar and said, “Take this jar home and bring me back a sample of your sperm tomorrow.”
The next day, the 75 year old man reappeared at the doctor’s office and gave him the jar, which was as clean and empty as on the previous day.
The doctor asked what happened, and the man explained, “Well, doc, it’s like this.  First I tried with my right hand, but nothing.  Then I tried with my left hand, but nothing.”
“Then I asked my wife for help.  She tried with her right hand, but nothing.  Then her left, but nothing.  She even tried with her mouth, first with her teeth in, then with her teeth out, and still nothing.
“Hell, we even called up the lady next door, and she tried with both hands and her mouth too, but nothing.”
The doctor was shocked, “You asked your NEIGHBOR?”
The old man replied, “Yep, but no matter what we tried, we just couldn’t get the damn jar open.”

No comments:

Post a Comment