Sunday, April 26, 2020

Saturday, April 25, 2020



Self-isolation Day 39.


Last night I went to bed at 10:30, got up twice during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.


Georgia was one of the last states to issue stay at home orders on April 3rd and now they are trying to reopen for business as some retail stores reopened yesterday.


Yesterday Trump gave a short pre-written statement and then stalked off the stage.



NY Times: Covid-19, the illness caused by the coronavirus, is arguably the leading cause of death in the United States right now. The virus has killed more than 1,800 Americans almost every day since April 7, and the official toll may be an undercount.  By comparison, heart disease typically kills 1,774 Americans a day, and cancer kills 1,641.



Trump says he was being sarcastic to reporters when he floated the idea of using a disinfectant as a coronavirus treatment. If you look at the video it’s obvious it isn’t sarcasm and it was directed to his right towards Dr. Birq not in the direction of reporters.

We aren’t idiots but we have one for a president.  So sad for Americans, who must be the laughingstock of the world.



The WHO says there is no evidence that recovered coronavirus patients are immune from repeat infection.



Trump tweets: “it (coronavirus) did start with “one person from China”, and then it grew, & will be a ‘miracle’ end”!



North Korean Dictator Kim Jong Un allegedly has died, or is in a vegetative state, after botched heart surgery.


Teresa called a grocery store and ordered 2 bags of milk, a bag of apples and a can of tuna and I went downstairs to the guardhouse and paid for its delivery.


I spent most of the day following the NFL draft.



Mitch McConnell said on Thursday, “bankruptcy would be a better route for some states rather than federal aid.”

“You wanna see that market fall through the cellar?” Cuomo asked. “Let New York State declare bankruptcy, let Michigan declare bankruptcy, let Illinois declare bankruptcy, let California declare bankruptcy? You will see a collapse of this national economy.”

It is even more offensive when you recognize that New York and other “blue” states put more into the federal budget than they take out. Red states like Kentucky suck more federal dollars up than they put in. For McConnell to bail out corporate America while saying that blue states should go bankrupt is … typical McConnell.



Two coronavirus studies released Friday, one involving almost 2,000 people from Florida and the other from a Washington state nursing home, came to the same conclusion: Many of the people who tested positive for the virus didn't know they had it because they showed no symptoms.



About 9:30 I turned off my Netflix movie and started reading some of my Nook book.  That’s when I noticed someone in the building across the street playing music loud enough for everyone to hear.  A few minutes later I thought I heard music I was familiar with.  I went out onto my balcony and I tried to figure out the words to the song.  Soon I figured out “Argentina” and a minute later I got “Evita”.  I think I saw the play back in the early 80’s.


A special train possibly belonging to North Korean leader Kim Jong Un was spotted this week at a resort town in the country.  It’s possible he is convalescing from his surgery.  On the other hand it could be a NK smoke screen.


Per the Johns Hopkins website, 2,892,000+ cases worldwide with 936,000+ in the US.



Joke of the day

Every time you talk to your wife, you should always remind yourself… “This conversation will be recorded for training and quality purposes.”

2 comments:

  1. Hey Terry, even if Florida's Governor decides to open our state up I will continue to self-isolate. Why?, you may ask . . . Because I want to be around to help vote DarnOld Trump out of office! (That's my opinion and I'm stickin' to it!)

    Cheers!
    ==

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree completely! Just because governors "open up" their state doesn't mean their citizens will have the confidence to return to their previous life. In the end "we" decide how safe we feel about venturing outside. It's going to be a gradual process.

    ReplyDelete