Monday, April 20, 2020

Sunday, April 19, 2020




Self-isolation Day 33.


Last night I went to bed at 10:45 and for the first time this year I put a blanket on top of my sheet.  My usual banket wasn’t in its usual spot so I took Laura’s old Simpsons blanket.  Only problem was it was a little too short for me.  It took a while to fall asleep, I woke up once at 6:20 and finally got up at 7:45.



I went in to take a nap at 11 and it took me a little while to fall asleep.  Teresa woke me up at 12:15 and told me I have to go to the doorman to pick up chicken.  I thought she ordered chicken pieces from a grocery store but it was a take out order from Frisby for 57mil.  I tipped the deliveryman an additional 3mil.  It was nice to have something different for a change.


At 2:15 I heard some thunder outside.  Another cool day, only 76 degrees.  It finally started raining about 2:30 but didn’t last long.  We’re definitely entering the rainy season.


Today on CNN’s State of the Union, Republican Gov. Larry Hogan of Maryland said that Donald Trump is lying about states having enough tests to reopen their economies.


Per the Washington Post, more than a dozen U.S. researchers, physicians and public health experts, many of them from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, were working full time at the Geneva headquarters of the World Health Organization as the novel coronavirus emerged late last year and transmitted real-time information about its discovery and spread in China to the Trump administration, according to U.S. and international officials.


Florida Surgeon General Dr. Scott Rivkees predicted at a coronavirus press briefing that social distancing will need to continue “probably a year, if not longer” in order to mitigate the COVID-19 pandemic until there is a vaccine.


Dozens of grocery store workers have died from the coronavirus, despite masks, temperature checks and capacity restrictions to keep them safe. Some experts say it may be time for grocery stores to ban customers from coming inside.




I watched parts 1 & 2 of a new ESPN Michael Jordan documentary on my Slingbox.



Joke of the day

A young vicar about to deliver his first sermon asked the advice of a retired minister on how to capture the congregation's attention.

"Start with an opening line that's certain to grab them," the cleric told him.

"For example: 'Some of the best years of my life were spent in the arms of a woman.'"

He smiled at the young vicar's shocked look before adding, "She was my mother."

The next Sunday the vicar nervously clutched the pulpit rail before the congregation and stated, "Some of the best years of my life were spent in the arms of a woman."

He was pleased with the instant reaction, then panic-stricken.

"But for the life of me, I can't remember who she was!"

No comments:

Post a Comment