Friday, April 24, 2020

Thursday, April 23, 2020



Self-isolation Day 37.


It’s finally here.  Tonight begins the NFL draft!


Last night I went to bed at 10:30 got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7:45.



Per the Washington Post “A mysterious blood-clotting complication is killing coronavirus patients.  They describe patients with startlingly low oxygen levels - so low that they would normally be unconscious or near death - talking and swiping on their phones. Asymptomatic pregnant women suddenly in cardiac arrest. Patients who by all conventional measures seem to have mild disease deteriorating within minutes and dying at home.”


Per this morning’s Today show the US has 842,194 coronavirus cases with 47,462 deaths.
Last week another 4,400,000 Americans filed for unemployment bringing the total to almost 27,000,000.


It took an hour or so but I used Turbo Tax (free) to file my US taxes. They also gave me my credit score of 675 which I imagine isn’t that good.


"We've had horrible flus," Trump said on March 24th. "I mean, think of it: we average 36,000 people. Death. Death. I'm not talking about cases I'm talking about death - 36,000 deaths a year. People die - 36 - from the flu. But we've never closed down the country for the flu. So you say to yourself, 'What is this all about?'"


One month later, deaths have increased tenfold to a total of 47,462.


My daughter texted me that she lost her job.  She had changed jobs just a week before the S hit the F but now that’s gone.


Trump says coronavirus "may not come back" in the fall, a claim at odds with Dr. Anthony Fauci, who said it will persist.


New data out of New York shows that nearly 90 percent of covid-19 patients who were put on ventilators ended up dying.


Esquire magazine predicts the Republican campaign theme this fall will be “We wanted to let you work but scaredy-cat Democrats made you stay home.”  Personally, I think it should be “are you better off than 4 years ago?” OR “It’s the economy, stupid.”


No Colombian statistics on the news tonight.


Per the Johns Hopkins website, 2,707,000+ cases worldwide with 868,000+ in the US.


I watched some of the NFL draft from 7pm until 9:15.


Joke of the day

Never laugh at your wife’s choices.  You were one of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment