Friday, April 17, 2020

Thursday, April 16, 2020




Self-isolation Day 30.


Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up at 6:30 and got up at 7:30.


The Louisiana death toll passed 1,100.


More than 5.2 million more US workers filed for unemployment last week, pushing the four-week total to 22,000,000.


Per the local news a baby born in a hospital in Peru has the coronavirus.


Per the Today show the total coronavirus cases in the US stands at 639,099 with 32,249 deaths.


Seven northeastern states extended their shutdown to May 15th.


About 3,263,000 people in the U.S. have been tested for the virus which is a little less than 1 percent of the total population.


A New York Pediatrician believes 80% of children have the coronavirus, they are just asymptomatic.  And we are not testing children.  Yikes! They could be spreading the disease!


Sweden did not quarantine cafes, bars, restaurants, hair salons and gyms and now they are experiencing a larger increase in cases compared to other Scandinavian countries like Norway and Denmark.


Two Trump quotes for comparison on his presidency:

On March 13th, “I don’t take responsibility at all.”

On April 13th, “When somebody is the president of the United States, the authority is total. And that’s the way it’s got to be. It’s total.”

So, he believes he has total authority with no responsibility.  Wrong on both counts.


Seven midwestern governors announce their states will coordinate on when and how to reopen.


For some reason tonight there were no coronavirus statistics on the Colombian evening news.


The New York Times states that most of the New York cases came from Europe although they most likely originated in China.


Trump introduced a 3-phase plan for reopening the economy but says the governors get to call the shots.


Per the Johns Hopkins website, 2,153,000+ coronavirus cases worldwide with 667,000+ in the US.


Joke of the day

A college student wrote a letter home:

Dear folks,

I feel miserable because I have to keep writing for money.

I feel ashamed and unhappy.

I have to ask for another hundred, but every cell in my body rebels.

I beg on bended knee that you forgive me.

Your son,

Marvin

P.S. I felt so terrible I ran after the mailman who picked this up at the box at the corner.

I wanted to take this letter and burn it.

I prayed to God that I could get it back, but I was too late.



A few days later, he received a letter from his father:

Dear Son, Good news! Your prayers were answered. Your letter never arrived!

No comments:

Post a Comment