Saturday, April 24, 2021

Friday, April 23, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, was awakened about 5:15 by some strange “clicking” sound, Teresa got up at 5:30 and I followed 5 minutes later. I checked her side of the bed then the closets for the source of the sound and I finally realized it was outside. Teresa told me she was awakened by the same sound. She thought it was a bird and I thought it was some type of insect. It finally stopped and we returned to bed at 6am, I quickly fell asleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

We left the apt at 9:30 and arrived at Torre Medica, El Tesoro 10 minutes before my 10am appointment. (Because of the lockdown there was very little traffic.) I was allowed in to see Dr. Botero at 11am. I got a rectal exam, some topical cream for my *#*#$ and an order for a prostate biopsy. (There was some discussion of using Nueva eps but Teresa decided that was too slow.) The consultation was 230mil. We went down to the 5th floor where I paid 70mil for a blood draw which I assume was for another PSA test. On the 6th floor at SynLab we made an appointment for my prostate biopsy for next Tuesday at 7:30am. The prostate biopsy will be 603,000 and I understand I can pay with my debit card.

In the mall itself all the stores were closed. We went up to J&C Delicias but weren’t allowed to enter; I’m guessing they are only open for takeout orders. Juan Valdez was open but without any seating. Teresa ordered a chicken pastry with coffee and I a palito de queso with coffee. We walked around the corner to some open seating where we scarfed down our snacks so security wouldn’t catch us.

Outside Carulla I saw a sign that odds like us (‘7’) can enter today and Sunday. Inside I wanted to print some things at the copy center but it was closed - like gutted. That makes 2 of the 4 copy centers I’ve used in the past that are not closed permanently.

We quickly caught a taxi back to the apt in a light drizzle and because of light traffic we took Avenida Poblado for the first time in weeks.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 3 games to 2. I tried the popcorn my daughter sent us and the cheese corn was a little stale but the caramel corn was still good. Teresa said she preferred the former over the latter because it wasn’t so sweet. After eating a little more she suggested gifting the cheese corn to the porteros.

Teresa wanted to order burgers from McDonald’s which would give me a chance to try out my new iFood app I installed this week. I couldn’t get it to accept my debit card so I had to use cash. I received a notice 10 minutes later that my order would be delivered in 1 minute. I hustled down to the porteria but it didn’t show up until 15 minutes later. I asked the delivery guy if there was a problem and he said “yes” but I didn’t understand any of the rest of his explanation. Teresa enjoyed her crispy chicken sandwich, finally with cheese and I enjoyed a quarter pound cheese melt burger.

 

The US has 31,821,943 ð 31,936,518 ð 31,994,570 coronavirus cases with 568,100+ ð 569,600+ ð 570,500+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,701,313 ð 2,720,619 ð 2,740,544 cases with 69,596 ð 70,026 ð 70,446 deaths. Medellin has 252,042 ð 254,008 ð 256,092 cases, an increase of 2,067 from April 22nd to 23rd. Envigado has a total of 22,050 cases, an increase of 128 from April 22nd to 23rd.

Joke of the day

Way to spoil the surprise, Spanish exclamation points.

No comments:

Post a Comment