Thursday, April 22, 2021

Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2am, fell back asleep quickly, finally waking/getting up at 6am. I didn’t even try to lie on my left side because my vaccination site was sensitive to pressure.

Glenn told me that for pico y cedula we could use any photo ID even a US state driver’s license so I checked my Illinois license and it ends with a “5” which certainly won’t help on the even/odd pico y cedula days.

I left the apt just after eight for my walk. I felt some chafing on my toes so before a blister started I stopped at Otra Parte and adjusted my sock and tightened my shoelaces. After completing my usual route I returned to the apt just after 9am.

Glenn texted me, “You were smart/lucky to go to Poblado for your shot. Minuto30 reports Envigado ran out of first doses on Monday.”

Teresa left at 10:30 for the beauty parlor to get her hair and nails done.

Nobraskja from Envios Market contacted me about delivering a package. I left an envelope with the portero to cover the delivery charge of 28,300 pesos.

I blundered a game I was probably losing anyway against Troyclough and my rating is back to 1490.

I left the apt at 1pm and walked to La Bahia. I called Teresa to see if she would be finished soon and she arrived 10 minutes later. We had a nice “lunch of the day” then she went to visit her mother. I went to the mall where I bought a new lightbulb and pack of AA batteries at Home Center. I was having a café con leche in Todo Fresa when Teresa called. I met her and her mother around the corner at Dunkin Donuts. Teresa told me MT has a great coffee place here for us to try. She guided us to Al Alma and I showed Teresa the 4 Poblado locations I’ve already tried with Glenn.

We caught a taxi whose driver spoke English and he remembered me from other rides. He told me he got his first Pfizer vaccination last week at some high school in Envigado. We dropped MT off near her apt and continued on to ours.

I picked up my package at the entrance and we opened it inside the apt. My daughter sent me resealable packages of: salted-in-the-shell peanuts, mixed nuts, and cheese & caramel popcorn. Those snacks should last us awhile. I also received a package of many checks with deposit tickets from my bank when all I asked for is one deposit ticket. I still haven’t received my stimulus check from the US so I’m going to have to check on that.

I finished season 4 (the last) of Outlander and started season 10 of The Walking Dead.

I’m still not experiencing any side effects from my vaccination. 😊

The US has 31,690,903 ð 31,811,249 ð 31,821,943 coronavirus cases with 566,800+ ð 567,900+ ð 568,100+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,667,136 ð 2,684,101 ð 2,701,313 cases with 68,748 ð 69,177 ð 69,596 deaths. Medellin has 248,049 ð 250,058 ð 252,042 cases, an increase of 1,963 from April 20th to 21st. Envigado has a total of 21,765 cases, an increase of 115 from April 20th to 21st.

Joke of the day

A plumber fixes a leak in a doctor’s house then bills him for $1,000.

“This is ridiculous!” the doctor says.  “I don’t even charge that much.”

The plumber says, “Neither did I when I was a doctor.”

No comments:

Post a Comment