Sunday, April 25, 2021

Saturday, April 24, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 8:15.

Teresa left at 10:15 to buy some medications for both of us at Pasteur in La Buena Mesa.

After lunch I took a nap for an hour and right after I got up Teresa went and took her nap.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

I was watching The Walking Dead (8.2) season 10 but lost interest so I started watching Stowaway (5.6) on Netflix.

Teresa wanted to order fried chicken tonight from Frisby so that would give me a chance to test whether my new debit card works with the Rappi app. I ordered the whole fried chicken which comes with 2 packages of fries and an order of cole slaw. I also ordered yucca sticks (officially croquetas de yuca frita) for Teresa. I thought it accepted my debit card but while waiting for the order I noticed it said effectivo (cash). I logged into my bank account to ensure I wasn’t double charged. I went down to the porteria and the food arrived about 5 minutes later. I gifted one of the French fry orders to the portero. Coming and going from the garage I saw the same couple walking on the grounds so apparently it’s okay to walk for exercise inside. One mistake in the order they gave us 2 packages of yucca sticks instead of one.

New infections here are still bad. I think I read that they closed the airport (I assume that just means for passenger travel) and medical professionals are still requesting a total lockdown. Our current weekend lockdown ends at 5am on Monday. Cine Colombia is supposed to reopen next Saturday. I’ve even seen their advertisements on Direct TV but with new infections increasing like they have been I doubt that’s going to happen.

 

The US has 31,936,518 ð 31,994,570  ð 32,019,467 coronavirus cases with 569,600+ ð 570,500+ ð 570,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,720,619 ð 2,740,544 ð 2,757,274 cases with 70,026 ð 70,446 ð 70,886 deaths. Medellin has 254,008 ð 256,092 ð 257,762 cases, an increase of 1,670 from April 23rd to 24th. Envigado has a total of 22,132 cases, an increase of 82 from April 23rd to 24th.

Joke of the day

Employee: “Excuse me sir, may I talk to you?”

Boss: “Sure, come on in.  What can I do for you?”

Employee: “Well sir, as you know, I have been an employee of this prestigious firm for the past ten years.”

Boss: “Yes.”

Employee: “I won’t beat around the bush.  Sir, I would like a raise.  I currently have four companies after me and so I decided to talk to you first.”

Boss: “A raise?  I would love to give you a raise, but this is just not the right time.”

Employee: “I understand your position, and I know that the current economic downturn has had a negative impact on sales, but you must also take into consideration my hard work, pro-activeness and loyalty to this company for over a decade.”

Boss: “Taking into account these factors and considering that I don’t want to start a brain-drain, I’m willing to offer you a ten percent raise and an extra five days of vacation time.  How does that sound?”

Employee: “Great!  It’s a deal!  Thank you, sir!”

Boss: “Before you go, just out of curiosity, what companies were after you?”

Employee: “Oh, the electric company, gas company, water company and the mortgage company.”

No comments:

Post a Comment