Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, took a while to fall asleep, got up once at 2:30, couldn’t fall back asleep, got up at 3:15, read for a while, went back to bed at 4am, finally waking/getting up at 6:45.

I shouldn’t have sat under the fans inside Parva yesterday as this morning I have some cold symptoms – a runny nose. I may not get the Covid-19 vaccination after all. We’ll see how I feel after breakfast.

I left the apt just before 8am and met Glenn and Bianca at La Lolita in La Frontera mall. We each had a cinnamon roll, scrambled eggs and coffee. He left to take Bianca to the park and I walked about a block away to the new chamber of commerce building. I talked to a security guard at a separate entrance and he just pointed me to the main entrance. There was a short line of about 6 people/couples ahead of me. The lady in charge came out a couple minutes later and asked me if I was there for my first or second dose. When I said first she guided me in to a waiting room with 3 aisles of double chairs. It was obvious that couples would sit together but singles sat next to an empty chair. A nurse came by and asked for my personal information and what health insurance I have. She then gave me a page that had Pfizer written on it so I was happy to see that.

About 10 minutes later our aisle was taken into a much larger room where we again sat in aisles. Nurses were pushing medical carts up the aisles. About 10 minutes later a nurse asked me some questions, most of which I didn’t understand. (I was probably her biggest challenge all day.) I did understand enough to inform her that I had no allergies. A couple minutes later another nurse stopped by with a cart. She showed me the little bottle with Pfizer on the side and a future expiration date. She showed me a package and I watched her pull out a new needle. She put it in the bottle and showed me that she was filling it with 3cc’s of vaccine. She stuck it in my arm and pushed the plunger and that was that. They put a “Yo dije si a la vacuna contra el Covid-19” sticker on my t-shirt, gave me a vaccination card and was told to return at 8am on Tuesday, May 11th for my 2nd shot. I stuck around for 15 minutes to be sure I didn’t have any reaction and then I left.

I walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while enjoying the fresh air at an outside table. I left about 11:30 and I ran into Danny the owner of Na Pizza. I asked him how much apartments rent for in his building and he said 2-3 bedrooms run 1.8 to 2 million pesos. I returned to the apt, picked up my debit card and walked to McDonald’s where I ordered a Big Mac Combo and asked for help with my iFood app. One at a time I had 3 different workers assist me with the app. Finally, a young man used some method other than Play Store to download the app and he stuck around long enough so I was confident it had taken my debit card information.

Back at the apt I called Social Security and my pension companies and gave them my change of address.

Howex resigned our game and my rating is now 1498. So close!

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 4 games to 3.

I finished reading Dean Koontz’s Intensity on my Nook.

No side effects from the vaccination so far. 😊

 

The US has 31,650,421 ð 31,690,903 ð 31,811,249 coronavirus cases with 566,400+ ð 566,800+ ð 567,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,652,947 ð 2,667,136 ð 2,684,101 cases with 68,328 ð 68,748 ð 69,177deaths. Medellin has 247,006 ð 248,049 ð 250,058 cases, an increase of 2,009 from April 19th to 20th. Envigado has a total of 21,646 cases, an increase of 120 from April 19th to 20th.

Joke of the day

A man returns from a foreign holiday feeling very ill.  He goes to see his doctor and is immediately rushed to the hospital for tests.

The man wakes up after the tests in a private room in the hospital, and the phone by his bed rings.  “This is your doctor.  We got the results back from the tests and we found you have an extremely bad case of G.A.S.H.  It’s a combination of Gonorrhea, AIDs, Syphilis, and Herpes!”

“Oh my gosh,” cries the man, “What are you going to do, doctor?”

“Well, we’re going to put you on a diet of pizza, pancakes, and pita bread.”

“Will that cure me?” asks the man.

“Well, no.”  The doctor replied.  “But it’s the only food we can slide under the door.”

No comments:

Post a Comment