Wednesday, April 28, 2021

Monday, April 26, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 11, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 3am, finally waking and getting up at 6am.

I double checked our pico y cedula schedule for this week in Medellin Guru and our time to go to the bank and grocery store is Wednesday. I guess that’s when I’ll make the usual beginning of the month payments.

I left the apt at 9:30 and walked to the copy center in downtown Parque Envigado. I knew I would be allowed inside this store but I was less certain about getting to Auros inside Viva Envigado Exito. I had some of our medical records printed then returned to La Buena Mesa where I had coffee at Parva while reviewing my blood test results.

I won a close game against Troyclough increasing my rating to 1499.

Teresa called and told me she would call me a little later and we would meet for lunch at Asados Rogelio.

I left the apt at 12:45 and met Teresa at the restaurant. She had the usual menu of the day and I had a bowl of lentil soup. She returned to the apt and I went to Parva for coffee. On the way I ran into Brit and we chatted for a bit. I left at 2:45 and looking over my shoulder I saw dark clouds approaching from the east. I returned just before the rain started but it didn’t last long or amount to much.

I watched I See You (6.8) on Netflix and thought it was good enough for Teresa to watch. I set it to Spanish with English subtitles and watched it again with her.

I beat Teresa in parcheesi today 4 games to 2.

At 6pm I had my last meal for the day – a bowl of chicken soup. At 7pm I drank 2 ½ glasses of the liquid which should give me the #%*&s. At 8pm Teresa gave me a tablet to take but I think from her expression she may have forgotten to give it to me earlier. At 9pm another 2 glasses of the same liquid as before. Between 10 and 10:15 the first bout of diarrhea started. Things had calmed down and Teresa went to bed at 11pm. I stayed up another hour to make sure everything really was calm. I went to bed but still got up a couple times during the night.

 

The US has 32,019,467 ð 32,070,058  ð 32,103,720 coronavirus cases with 570,700+ ð 571,400+  ð 571,700+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,757,274 ð 2,774,464  ð 2,787,303 cases with 70,886 ð 71,351  ð 71,799 deaths. Medellin has 257,762 ð 259,025  ð 260,496 cases, an increase of 1,166 from April 25th to 26th. Envigado has a total of 22,311 cases, an increase of 58 from April 25th to 26th.

Joke of the day

A man walks into a barber shop and says, “I’ll have a shoeshine and a shave.”

The barber lathers his face and sharpens the straight edge while a gorgeous woman kneels down and shines his shoes.

The man says, “Hi there. You know, you and I should spend some time together in a hotel room.”

She replies, “My husband wouldn’t like that.”

The man says, “Tell him you’re working overtime, and I’ll pay you the difference.”

She says, “You tell him.  He’s the one shaving you.”

No comments:

Post a Comment