Sunday, April 4, 2021

Saturday, April 3, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, took about an hour to fall asleep, got up at 5:30, went back to bed but couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 6am.

I downloaded my blood test results. My PSA was too high but all my other tests were withing the normal range.

I left the apt at 8:30 and walked to the mall. I bought a small package of Zopiclona at the pharmacy but Auros was the only store that still had their gates down. There was a line outside Bancolombia as it didn’t open until 9am. Inside there was a short wait to see a cashier. I don’t think she’s handled my type of transaction before as she was slow and occasionally asked the guy in the next booth for advice. From there I went to Av Villas where I paid the apt rental.

I went into Santa Leña and took a small side table. They were pretty busy but when I left 45 minutes later not a single waitress or manager had come to my table to ask if I wanted to order anything. That’s Colombia for you.

I had 2 copies of my test results printed at Auros then took a taxi back to the apt. The driver spoke great English having worked in the New England area for many years.

I ran into Doyle walking through the garage and we just exchange hellos.

I had a 45-minute nap in the recliner while Teresa was preparing lunch. After lunch she took a 2-hour nap.

At one point in the afternoon I heard a loud peal of thunder. I’ve never heard thunder as loud as here, not sure if it’s because we keep our windows open or if it’s because we’re in a valley. No rain developed though.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 4 games to 3.

 

The US has 30,485,280 ð 30,630,180 ð 30,665,835 coronavirus cases with 551,600+ ð 553,500+ ð 553,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,417,826 ð 2,428,048 ð 2,437,197 cases with 63,614 ð 63,777 ð 63,932 deaths. Medellin has 213,169 ð 215,025 ð 216,485 cases, an increase of 1,460 from April 2nd to 3rd. Envigado has a total of 19,121 cases, an increase of 91 from April 2nd to 3rd.

Joke of the day

My aunt was in the hospital for hip-replacement surgery and not happy about having to wear the hospital garb she’d been given. So when she was wheeled into surgery, my mother ran out and bought her a nice robe to wear instead. Rather than being thankful, my aunt was appalled.

“You left the hospital while I was in surgery?” she asked. “What would you have done if I had died?”

“I’d have returned the robe,” answered mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment