Thursday, April 15, 2021

Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6am.

Late last night I was flossing my teeth when a crown popped out. The area had been a little sensitive the past few days when I flossed so I guess that was a portent. I sent Dr. Rendon a text asking for an emergency appointment and I cancelled my 9am walk with Marcos.

When I got up at 6am I saw I had a 2:30am text from Dr. Rendon telling me to come at 10am. (Later he told me that was when he got up to make a trip to the bathroom and he looked at his cellphone for the time and saw my message. He remembered having a 10am cancellation so he was able to notify me right away.)

Teresa has 9am and 10am gym classes so I think I will go to El Tesoro early for coffee and after my dentist appointment I will have lunch there.

 I resigned the game where I dropped a rook and my rating is now 1456.

I left the apt at 8:30. Waiting for a taxi I noticed a stack of utility bills waiting to be distributed. I arrived at El Tesoro just before 9am. I had café con leche with a plain croissant at Santa Leña until 15 minutes before my appointment. I made a trip to the restroom and as I walked inside I heard a female voice behind me. I don’t know what she said but I realized I was in the wrong restroom. A couple minutes later as I was leaving the right restroom a gringo entered with his cellphone pressed to his ear but it was on speakerphone and in passing I heard him being told “most concerning is the federal”. Lol. Glad I don’t have his problem.

I only had to wait about 5 minutes to get in to see the dentist. He removed the amalgam from my crown replaced it with composite and glued it back into place. It took about an hour and he just charged me for an office visit. (He mentioned in early August he’s going to visit friends in New York and Chicago.)

I had a Cesar salad in Mis Carnes that was pretty good. I was the only one in the restaurant the whole time I was there.

I tried making an ATM withdrawal but it only offered me a maximum of 300mil so I declined. I bought a chocolate chip cookie at Cookie Jaar and ate it with a café con leche nextdoor at Todo Fresa.

I left at 3pm and returned to the apt where I found the utility bill waiting for me. Good, now I can pay for it tomorrow while I’m paying Direct TV.

Teresa beat me in parcheesi today 3 games to 2.

Just before 6pm Teresa requested we order burgers from McDonalds. I placed the order with the iFood app but had a problem paying with my debit card. Remember the bank issued me a new card with the same number, only the expiration date and CVC number is different. The iFood app won’t let me edit the card information and when I try to add the card again it tells me the number already exists. I think I’m going to have to reinstall the app to get it correct. I ended up having to pay again in cash. At first the app estimated the delivery time as 7pm-7:10pm, but soon it said the delivery was on its way to our apt. It arrived at 6:10 and I had to hustle to get to the porteria ahead of the order. Teresa enjoyed her single patty chicken sandwich but it was without cheese and I enjoyed my Big Mac.

Later I uninstalled the iFood app and downloaded and installed it again. As I signed in it wanted my cellphone number but it showed the wrong country code of +55. The accompanying flag looked like Brazil’s where Colombia’s country code is +57 and it wouldn’t allow me to change it. And the interface didn’t look like Spanish, probably Portuguese. Looks like I’ll have to stop by McDonald’s again and have someone help me set it up again.

 

The US has 31,271,848 ð 31,362,760 ð 31,369,429 coronavirus cases with 561,500+ ð 561,800+ ð 562,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,552,937 ð 2,569,314 ð 2,585,801 cases with 66,156 ð 66,482 ð 66,819 deaths. Medellin has 234,421 ð 236,814 ð 239,116 cases, an increase of 2,297 from April 13th to 14th. Envigado has a total of 20,896 cases, an increase of 196 from April 12th to 13th.

Joke of the day

A New York attorney, representing a wealthy art collector, called and asked to speak to his client.

"Paul, I have some good news and I have some bad news."

The art collector replied, "You know, I've had an awful day, Jack, so let's hear the good news first."

The lawyer said, "Well, I met with your wife today, and she informed me that she has invested only $5,000 in two very nice pictures that she thinks will bring somewhere between $10 and $12 million...and I think she could be right."

Paul replied enthusiastically, "Holy cow!!  Well done!! My wife is a brilliant business woman, isn't she? You've just made my day.  Now, I know I can handle the bad news. What is it?"

The lawyer replied, "The pictures are of you and your secretary.”

No comments:

Post a Comment