Friday, April 30, 2021

Thursday, April 29, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night, woke up at 6am and got up at 6:15.

This morning for the first time there wasn’t any blood in my urine.

Teresa left at 7:45 for her gym class and I left the apt at 8am in 65-degree weather. I met Glenn and Bianca at our usual bus stop. We took a taxi to Calle 11A and walked 2 blocks to Las Fabrykas bakery (Calle 12 #43B-32) where we had European style pastries and coffee. (Next time I want to try a danish or chocolate éclair.) We walked 2 blocks to Seré (Carrera 43B #11-84) where we had breakfast. Glenn had eggs, potatoes & toast and I had the oat granola with fruit. We both had another coffee and the bill with tip came to 48mil.

We left about 10:30 and shared a taxi back to Envigado.

Teresa returned at 11:15.

We left at 12:30 and caught a taxi to El Tesoro. Teresa had lunch in J&C Delicias  but I skipped it because I wasn’t hungry at the moment. After her 2pm appointment with Dr. Sierra she bought a purse for her mothers’ day present in Bimba y Lola. I tried on terry cloth bathrobes again in Clon Hadas. I thought the large size fit me perfectly but Teresa informed me that with a few washings it would shrink. I quickly googled it, found she was right, and bought the extra large for 217mil ($58).

I then had my lunch in J&C Delicias while Teresa went shopping in Zara. When I went to meet her she was sitting outside and told me they wouldn’t let her in because it wasn’t her pico y cedula day.

Troyclough resigned our game on the 46th move moving my rating over 1500 for the first time to 1507. Now to work on staying there.

In the taxi on the way back to the apt the driver was playing American music from 106.9FM.

At 5:30, just before dark, Teresa informed me she needed a copy of one of her medical records in order to pick up her medicine tomorrow. I questioned the immediacy of it but she was adamant. I walked to Parque Envigado where I had 7 copies made of the single page (I understand the other 6 are for coming months.) I had forgotten to buy bottles of potassium and omega 3 yesterday so I stopped at the tienda naturista and bought them tonight.

Back in La Buena Mesa Parva was closed so I stopped at Los Portenos for a small coffee. I was back at the apt in time for the 7pm start of the NFL draft.

The Chicago Bears traded up from their #20 spot to the NY Giants’ #11 spot and drafted Ohio State QB Justin Fields. Woo hoo! Finally, the Bears have a quarterback. I just googled it and found the Bears gave up this years’ 1st round and 5th round picks, and their 2022 1st round and 4th round picks.

 

The US has 32,103,720 ð 32,203,090 ð 32,257,610 coronavirus cases with 571,700+ ð 573,000+ ð 573,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,804,881 ð 2,824,626 ð 2,841,934 cases with 72,235 ð 72,725 ð 73,230 deaths. Medellin has 260,496 ð 263,894  ð 265,564 cases, an increase of 1,670 from April 28th to 29th. Envigado has a total of 22,647 cases, an increase of 85 from April 28th to 29th.

Joke of the day

A man was telling his neighbor, "I just bought a new hearing aid. It cost me four thousand dollars, but it's state of the art."

“Really," answered the neighbor. "What kind is it?"

"Twelve thirty."

2 comments:

  1. Terry, I am so glad you have gotten the vaccine. I just read the following in a email update on the virus I get daily.
    Crisis in South America
    While much of the world’s attention has been on the disaster unfolding in India, the crisis in Latin America has taken an alarming turn for the worse.

    Last week, the region accounted for 35 percent of all coronavirus deaths in the world, despite having just 8 percent of the global population.

    The mayor of Bogotá, Colombia, warned residents to brace for “the worst two weeks of our lives.” Uruguay, once lauded as a model for keeping the coronavirus under control, now has one of the highest death rates in the world. Death tolls have also hit records in Argentina, Brazil, Colombia and Peru in recent days.

    The crisis stems in part from predictable forces: limited vaccine supplies and slow rollouts, weak health systems, and fragile economies that make stay-at-home orders difficult to impose or maintain. Brazil is also playing a central role. Its president, Jair Bolsonaro, has consistently dismissed the threat of the virus and denounced measures to control it, helping fuel a dangerous variant that is now stalking the continent.

    Latin America was already one of the world’s hardest hit regions in 2020, and the length of the crisis makes it even harder to fight. The region has already endured some of the strictest lockdowns, longest schools closures and largest economic contractions in the world.

    Now, experts worry that Latin America is on a path to becoming one of the globe’s longest-haul Covid patients — leaving public health, economic, social and political scars that may run deeper than anywhere else in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Terry, I thought you might like to rad the entire email. It is from the New York Times. Near the bottom is a place to subscribe for the daily update if you are interested.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete