Saturday, April 3, 2021

Friday, April 2, 2021

Today is Good Friday.

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, quickly fell asleep, got up once at 5:15, finally waking/getting up at 7:30. Wow, that was a good night’s sleep. I’m wondering if it’s because I didn’t drink anything last night, as I only had an apple with peanut butter. I’ll try that again tonight.

I left the apt at 9am in 72 degrees. On my usual route the only café/restaurants I saw open were Aymará, Antonio’s Gelato, Los Porteños, and AlfaMore. San Marcos church appeared to be full with a few people standing just outside the entrance.

When I returned to the apt it was obvious Teresa wasn’t dressed for the gym. She said she had to go to the finca for an emergency water problem so I’m on my own for lunch.

I watched an episode of Outlander while cooling down, took my shower, then watched another episode while drying my face before shaving.

I left the apt at 1pm. Waiting for an elevator I saw it was first stopping on the 5th floor. I was thinking that’s Doyle’s floor even though I’ve only seen him once in the past year. Sure enough, when the doors opened it was him with his young girlfriend. He asked me when was the last time I was back in the States. I replied, 7 years ago. He said in some States you have to wear a mask. I told him I won’t be going back until next year, hopefully next summer. He said, in some States, like California you will have to wear a mask. I said I’m not going to California as I reached my floor and stepped out of the elevator. What I should have said, that I didn’t think of until a couple minutes later, is “with over half a million Americans dead I don’t appreciate your sense of humor.” I think my gut was correct not to make friends with him when I first met him a couple years ago.

It started raining just as I was exiting the porteria so I put up my little umbrella. I arrived at the mall a little wet around my pants cuffs and surprisingly my upper back. I guess I protected my front more than my backside.

I had the chicken teriyaki in Sarku’s without a drink then I went downstairs to Todo Fresa where I had 2 café con leches and what they call a nut bar. It took about 30 minutes for my t-shirt to dry out.

When I left about 4pm the main entrance gates were down and there was a line for taxis so I just walked back to the apt in a light drizzle.

Teresa returned at 5pm; luckily, it didn’t rain in her area and she got a guy to fix the water problem so she doesn’t have to return.

Another day that we barely hit 80 degrees.

About 5:15 we lost our power for a second and Direct TV and the router did a reset.

I finally finished season 1 of Outlander (8.4).

Rain started again in the evening but at least we’ll have a cool night’s sleep.

 

The US has 30,447,000 ð 30,485,280 ð 30,630,180 coronavirus cases with 551,000+ ð 551,600+ ð 553,500+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,406,377 ð 2,417,826 ð 2,428,048 cases with 63,422 ð 63,614 ð 63,777 deaths. Medellin has 208,430 ð 213,169 ð 215,025 cases, an increase of 1,855 from April 1st to 2nd. Envigado has a total of 19,029  cases, an increase of 104 from April 1st to 2nd.

Joke of the day

Daughter (via text): Mom, where are you?

Mom: Leaving Walmart. Halfway home. Why, sweetie?

Daughter: You brought me to Walmart with you.

Mom: Oh, darn! Be there in a bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment