Wednesday, April 14, 2021

Tuesday, April 13, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:30, took a little while to fall asleep, got up once at 5:15, finally giving up going back to sleep and getting up at 6am.

After battling a stronger chess player I blundered a Rook on my 50th move.

I left the apt just before 8am and walked to the mall. I asked the Exito security guard if I could enter even if it isn’t my pico y cedula day (7). She pointed to a piece of paper with 0-7-2-3 on it so I entered. (It was only later I realized the “7” was really a “1”. Here they usually write their 7s with a horizontal line drawn through it.) I had some pages printed at Auros then had breakfast at Habia Una Vez. Upstairs I recycled a couple plastic bottles then made an ATM withdrawal.  Claro was just opening so I stopped and paid our cellphone bills. I noticed the gates were open outside Cine Colombia and the lights were on. I asked the lone security guard when they will open and she said “May 1st”. Yay! (One of the movies I’m looking forward too is A Quiet Place II premiering May 31st.)

In Santa Leña I had a café con leche and an almond croissant finally leaving at 10:30.

There was a moderately long line at Baloto but it went quickly while filling out an Expat survey on my cellphone. I paid the wifi bill but had a problem with Direct TV. It seems the little piece of paper I had contained their telephone number instead of our account number. Lol. I’ll have to return again on Thursday to take care of that. My taxi driver practiced his broken English having worked as a taxi driver in New York.

I was back at the apt by 11am.

It was a beautiful clear morning but now at 1:30 it’s clouding over with a temp of 82 degrees.

Per the afternoon news, we are 101 days from the Tokyo Olympic Games.

We had a 1-hour nap in the afternoon.

I left the apt about 3pm and walked to Parva where I had a café con leche while sitting outside in the fresh air – no sun. My daughter texted me that she sent me a surprise package so in 2-3 weeks I’ll see what that is. I received a text message from “849” with my Claro bill which I just paid this morning. (Later I checked Teresa’s cellphone and she also had a “849” message with her bill but it was from March 30th.) I left at 6pm just as Parva was starting to close up. A lot of people still walking the streets and sitting in cafes. So much for the 6pm curfew.

 

The US has 31,214,602 ð 31,271,848 ð 31,362,760 coronavirus cases with 561,500+ ð 561,800+ ð 562,900+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,536,198 ð 2,552,937 ð 2,569,314 cases with 65,889 ð 66,156 ð 66,482 deaths. Medellin has 232,034 ð 234,421 ð 236,814 cases, an increase of 2,393 from April 12th to 13th. Envigado has a total of 20,700 cases, an increase of 214 from April 11th to 12th.

Joke of the day

A Swiss man looking for directions pulls up at a bus stop in Zurich where two Americans are waiting. “Entschuldigung, können Sie Deuthsch sprechen?” he asks. The two Americans just stare at him. “Parlez-vous franҫais?” he tries. The two Americans continue to stare. “Parlate italiano?” No response. The Swiss guy gives up and drives off. The first American turns to the second and says, “We should really learn a foreign language.” “Why?” asks the second. “That guy knew three, and it didn’t do him any good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment