Thursday, April 8, 2021

Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 5:45.

I left the apt for my walk just before 8am in 70-degree weather with overcast skies. I returned to the apt by 8:45 just as Teresa was leaving. I understand she’s going to 2 gym classes, picking up medicine in Sabaneta then she will call me to meet in Mayorca. I understand she has something to exchange and I imagine we will have lunch there.

At 11:45 I had just started a nap when Teresa called me to tell me there was no hurry because the line was very slow.

I didn’t realize I fell asleep but got up at 12:30 and left the apt at 12:45. Teresa called me while I was in the taxi to tell me she was on her way to Mayorca. Stalled for a moment in traffic the driver asked me if my hair color was natural. He then asked the usual questions: Where am I from? Do I like it here? How long have I been here?

At Mayorca I recycled a bag full of old medications in a special bin then met Teresa up on the 4th floor. We went up to the 5th floor where we had lunch at J&C Delicias. After that she did some shopping while I just tagged along, finally finding a pair of gym shoes at ProChampions. (She said she ruined a pair working at the finca.) She mentioned she thought the pair was a little tight and after a little squeeze test at the tip I thought so too. She asked the salesman what the size was and after he replied “7” she said it was her size and she took them. Lol.

After a little more shopping we went down to Mimo’s where she had a soft serve ice cream cone with peanuts and I the same but also dipped in chocolate. It was a race, that I was losing, to eat it before it melted. (I confess to having a craving for a Baskin Robbins ice cream cone, one scoop chocolate chip and another mint chocolate chip.)

Per the evening news, Colombia’s Covid-19 problem now is a wave of complications among youngsters in their 20s.

 

The US has 30,784,975 ð 30,864,924 ð 30,937,638 coronavirus cases with 554,900+ ð 555,900+ ð 558,500+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,456,409 ð 2,468,236 ð 2,479,617 cases with 64,293 ð 64,524 ð 64,767 deaths. Medellin has 219,377 ð 221,134 ð 223,104 cases, an increase of 1,980 from April 6th to 7th. Envigado has a total of 19,654 cases, an increase of 152 from April 6th to 7th.

Joke of the day

“I once gave my husband the silent treatment for an entire week, at the end of which he declared, ‘Hey, we’re getting along pretty great lately!’”

No comments:

Post a Comment