Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Monday, April 19, 2021

Last night I went to bed at 10:45, took a while to fall asleep, got up once 2am, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

Teresa informed me that lunch will be late today because she has gym classes at 10am and 11am.

She received a call and I understand there is another water tube problem at the finca but she will go tomorrow after her 2pm doctor’s appointment.

I met Marcos outside his apt at 8:30 and we walked to Parque Envigado. I stopped at Comfama where I saw a line leading up the stairs with 2 “nurses” controlling entrance. I observed people showing their cedulas and mentioning appointment times. I went into a side room where I showed a “nurse” my cedula, explained that I’m 75 years old and why haven’t I been called to get my vaccination. She sent me back outside to the “2 nurses” where I repeated my question. The girl told me to get in line for my vaccination shot. I asked which vaccination I would get, meaning Pfizer or Sinovac, and she said to ask the phlebotomist when I get my shot. I told her “later”.

Marcos stopped in several dollar stores looking for a picture frame, didn’t find one, but did find a set of 6 drinking glasses for 12mil.

We walked to Los Portenos where we had café con leches and chatted a bit. We stopped at Eduardo Madrid where he purchased a few bagels then I stopped at the small grocery where I purchased a head of lettuce.

Back at the apt I met Teresa heading out to the gym.

I called Social Security and after clearing security I got my mailing address in Florida updated.

Teresa returned at 1pm.

I got a draw against the player rated about the same as me. He was up a pawn but I hung on so I wouldn’t lose any rating points. My rating is 1490 so I’m within striking distance of 1500.

I felt like I was shaking while eating lunch; not sure why, because it was later than usual? It’s happened before, but rarely, when I consume too much sugar. Shortly after finishing my food I felt better.

Jose has more doctor’s appointments tomorrow so I’m going to go to the Chamber of Commerce building in La Frontera and see if I can get a vaccination shot. Before that I’m going to meet Glenn at De Lolita for breakfast since Teresa has an 8am gym class.

I wanted to go to Viva Envigado to buy a lightbulb and a package of AA batteries at Home Center but Teresa reminded me that I can only get in on my pico y cedula day, which is Wednesday.

I left the apt at 4pm and walked to Parva. While having coffee inside I saw a man outside eating a loaf of bread. It was the size of the pan sano that we consume, piece by piece, in a couple weeks. It looked like cinnamon bread so I asked the cashier and was told it is cheese and arequipe. I couldn’t believe he finished it all by himself.

Teresa wanted to order supper to be delivered. I explained the problem I’m having with the iFood app and I don’t want Frisby again so soon. I suggested Chiclayo but I recall we ordered by Whatsapp but I couldn’t find it in my directory. I checked my blog and we ordered on February 25th and Laura placed the order by Whatsapp. I texted her and she finally answered and placed the order. I picked it up at the porteria at 8pm for 70mil including a small tip.

Teresa watches the news morning, afternoon, and evening expecting Covid-19 to magically disappear. New infections in Colombia bottomed out approximately on International Women’s Day (March 8th) and have gone up since. We’ve almost reached the height of new cases of mid-January but it appears we may have finally turned down again. Hopefully that will continue.

 

The US has 31,598,030 ð 31,650,421 ð 31,690,903 coronavirus cases with 565,700+ ð 566,400+ ð 566,800+ deaths.

Per Medellin Guru, as of this afternoon Colombia has a total of 2,636,076 ð 2,652,947 ð 2,667,136 cases with 67,931 ð 68,328 ð 68,748 deaths. Medellin has 245,177 ð 247,006 ð 248,049 cases, an increase of 1,055 from April 18th to 19th. Envigado has a total of 21,526 cases, an increase of 60 from April 18th to 19th.

Joke of the day

A blonde woman was sick and tired of all the unfair jokes about blondes.  One evening she went home and memorized all the state capitals.

Back in the office the next day, some guy started telling a dumb blonde joke.

She interrupted him with a shrill announcement, “I’ve had it up to here with these blonde jokes.  I want you to know that his blonde went home last night and did something probably none of you can do.  I memorized all the state capitals.”

One of the guys, of course, said “I don’t believe you.  What is the capital of Texas?”

“T!” she answered.

No comments:

Post a Comment