Sunday, July 31, 2022

Saturday, July 30, 2022

Last night I tried something new, took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10pm, and fell asleep quickly. I got up once about 2am and took the other half, returned to bed and fell back asleep quickly. The alarm I set awakened us at 5am and Teresa requested I reset it for 5:30 which I did.

We got up at 5:30, I washed my face, shaved, dressed and we were out of the apt by 6:10. A Didi took us to Nueve eps (four people sitting in the waiting area) and we checked in at the desk where I paid 3,700 pesos (85 cents) for today’s appointment and was sent to the second floor. Two others sitting there. I noticed one doctor come in who I remember spoke English, Clara I think her name is. It was only about a 10-minute wait when we were called into a room with a young male doctor. I checked my weight with his scale and it was about 83 kilos with my shoes on compared to my previous gym weight of under 80 kilos. He took my blood pressure and it was 120/70 which sounds good. He looked at the medications I am taking and talked to Teresa a bit. He wrote an order for me to see an internist (what is he a case agent?) and back at the desk they gave me an appointment with a Dr. Salcedo in the Stadium Nueve eps for Wednesday, September 14th at noon.

Teresa told me the doctor said I should take my melatonin 4 hours before sleep instead of 1 hour and that he wrote a prescription for another medication to take with my Zopiclona.

We walked to Todo Drogas but at 7:10 it was still closed; they probably open at 8am on Saturdays. In Parque Envigado they were setting up a farmer’s market that Teresa checked out. Across the street we found a new restaurant and went upstairs where we had calentao and coffee for 18,200 pesos.



 I never did catch the name of the restaurant. Even though we were both exhausted, outside we caught a taxi to Badia in Mayorista where I bought 2 (all they had) 25-packs and 1 10-pack of Chamomile tea and another of Chamomile with anise. Teresa picked up a tea for herself and something else for a total of 93,103. We stopped at the El Langostino fish market where Teresa bought 1.79 kg of catfish. Outside we had a 20-minute wait for a taxi to return us to the apt.

We took a 90-minute nap right away.

I called El Pastelito and handed the phone to Teresa and they open at 7am on Sundays so Glenn and I are going to give it a try tomorrow.

Teresa is going to a “concert” with her girlfriends and I’m going to see Elvis (7.8) today at 2:05pm.

After lunch, at 1:35, I took a Didi to the mall where I bought a preferred ticket to Elvis for 14,600 pesos ($3.50). There was a short line at concessions but I easoly ordered a small popcorn and large soda. The saleslady reminded me as a Platinum card holder I can get a small (child size) popcorn for free so I went with that.

I was in my seat in time for the coming attractions. The movie, though 2 hours and 40 minutes long, was very good and of course I enjoyed the music.

I printed some chess notes at Auros before returning to the apt by taxi.

Just saw on US local news that someone won a $1,300,000,000+ Mega Millions lottery drawing with a ticket bought at a Mini Mart in Des Plaines, IL. I hope that was one of my kids or my brother or cousin.

 

Funny pix of the day




No comments:

Post a Comment