Monday, July 4, 2022

Sunday, July 3, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, woke up but didn’t look at my watch waiting for my alarm to wake me. I finally checked and it said 7:47. Yikes! My 7am alarm didn’t work. I got up right away, showered, took my morning pills, dressed, shaved and ordered a Didi.

Once again Laura’s suitcase in in the hallway with her stuff on the recliner and the kitchen table so I know she’s here.

Surprisingly, I had a chica driver. I asked her what holiday it is tomorrow and she had no idea. She said she’s been driving for 5 months (maybe she meant Didi). She uses her accelerator as a brake so it’s back and forth like riding in a boat. Yes, I mentioned it to her.

I arrived at D’Andre at 8:30 and Glenn was just getting settled. Our waiter spoke some English. I ordered their eggs over easy with hash browns and bacon. The eggs came sunny side up and bacon wasn’t very tasty so I left that alone.



From there we walked two blocks to Pergamino #2 where we had another latte outside under the trees. It must have been slightly breezy as some flower buds fell on our table from the trees.

Teresa called and asked me to be back at the apt by 11:30 as Daniela is picking us up to take us to Guatape. Except Laura who has a concert tonight by the Medellin airport.

I took a Didi back to the apt. Laura was up and asked me if I knew where Aeroparque Juan Pablo is.

After some discussion with Teresa we decided she would go to Guatape and I would stay back in the apt.

I left at 1:30 and walked to Los Porteños where I had my usual croissant and egg sandwich. I played some speed chess on my cell phone but didn’t do very well.

I stopped at the small market and bought 2 bags of milk and almost got bumped by an inattentive woman.

Back at the apt I continued looking for something decent to watch on Netflix or MTV. I was wading through Mark Felt on MTV when Laura returned at 4:30 – with a girlfriend. I wasn’t very happy about that me being in shorts and sleeveless t-shirt and lying on the recliner.

Laura told me she received a call from Teresa and they are still on their way to Guatape.

They stayed in her bedroom pretty much until they had me call a Didi for them at 6:30 to Aeroparque Juan Pablo II (aka Medellin airport).

Teresa called and I understood the trip to Guatape took 5 hours (normally 2 hours) and they were going to stay the night at a nearby finca.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment