Friday, July 29, 2022

Thursday, July 28, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice during the night (raining both times), and woke/got up at 7am. Feeling good.

Today is the 1st anniversary of my 1st surgery, my prostatectomy.

I texted Carlos to give him a heads up that I’ll be needing an airport pickup on August 18th and 28th.

At 10am I met Marcos at Maca for coffee. He handed over the MagicJack Home he bought for me for $49.99 (+8.6% sales tax) at his local Best Buy. (Installing that should keep me busy for a while.) I had given him 250mil and he returned 30mil. He told me Phoenix had a high of 120 degrees each day he was there. I don’t know how people can live like that, especially now with threats of running out of water.

He left and I had another latte inside while playing some speed chess. Teresa called to ask me if I was okay with having a 5pm appointment with Dr. CastaƱo. I said, “yes”.

I stopped at Mercado Madrid on my way back to the apt and bought milk, hamburger buns, Fab laundry detergent and Axion dish soap.

I checked Cine Colombia in VE (Viva Envigado) and Elvis (7.8) is now playing at 2:05pm. Also playing in English are Impending Disaster (Blast; 5.1) at 6:40pm and Pact with the Devil (The Reckoning; 4.7) at 6:35pm.

At 3:45 I was ready to order a car when Teresa “reminded me” of my 5:30 appointment. Even though I was told earlier it was for 5pm I left and arrived at El Tesoro by 4:30. I waited in a long line to have some chess notes printed then went up to Dr. Castano’s office in Torre Medica 1. It was about a 45-minute wait for my turn.

I gave the doctor my latest PSA results (<0.01) and asked him to add cholesterol (total, HDL, and LDL) and triglycerides to my next blood test order. I brought him up to date on my experience with leaking and peeing. He did an ultrasound exam, said my case was mild and to continue my Kegel exercises and I should be better by our next 3-month appointment. I explained my sleep problem and he thought there was a clinic in Conquistadores neighborhood of Medellin and he would have the secretary give me the information.

His secretary charged me 260mil and gave me my next appointment for November 1st at 2:30. She said she would get an appointment with an ENT and call Teresa with the information.

As I walked into the taxi waiting area it was crowded but a young lady gave me her ticket for number 100 and they were calling number 95. Soon I was in a taxi back to the apt for 15,500 pesos.

I watched a Youtube video about installing MagicJack but I’d better see it again on my laptop.

About 8:30 it started raining.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment