Monday, July 11, 2022

Sunday, July 10, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once during the night for a trip to the bathroom. I got up again at 6:30 and went back to bed and waited for the alarm to go off at 8am.

I quickly showered, shaved, and dressed and ordered a Didi. I ordered the economy car for less than 8mil but it couldn’t find a driver after an 8 minute search. I switched to InDriver and offered 10mil for a ride to Pergamino Café #2 in Poblado. After refusing a couple counter offers I accepted a ride for 10mil. The driver took a back way to the café and we passed an interesting looking café named Clemente Café y Flores. (I later googled it but couldn’t find any “food” or pastries in their photos.) I arrived five minutes before Pergamino’s 9am opening. Glenn arrived 5 minutes later. We each had coffee and shared a chocolate croissant. About 10am we walked down to Sweet Georgia Café by Parque Poblado. I had their 3-selection breakfast of eggs, waffles, and home fries and a latte for 29mil. Surprisingly, the maple syrup is the Canadian brand from Pricesmart.



Teresa called and asked me to pick up apples, tomatoes, and bananas at Exito.

About 11:15 Glenn walked over to Calle 10 to catch a taxi and I ordered a Didi to Mercado Madrid. I got out across the street from there to save the driver from having to use the turn around. I bought the things Teresa asked for and walked back to the apt.

They left at 1pm for her niece’s apt.

I watched more episodes of Orange is the New Black. When I got hungry I warmed the remainder of yesterday’s Calzone in the microwave and it was almost as good the second day.

I received a voice message from Juan my “old” Spanish teacher. He offered to share the cost of renewing our Microsoft Office subscription. First, I have to see when it expires then talk to Glenn.

They returned at 7:15.

Laura asked me when Ganso y Castor opens in the morning (7am) as she has a 9am doctor’s appointment in Poblado. She wants to try their acai bowl and I want to try their calentao so I told her I would join her if I could get up in time.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment