Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Tuesday, July 12, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once during the night at 2:30 for a trip to the bathroom. I got up again at 6:30, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up at 8am.

The magnesium in place of the melatonin seems to be working well as far as my sleeping goes.

At 9am, after a breakfast of blueberry pancakes with bananas I was ready to watch the next January 6th hearing.

I think my cold is in its death throws. I hope to be back to normal tomorrow.

Laura took the sim card out of Teresa’s old Samsung and struggled and failed to put it in the old iPhone Laura gifted her mother.

Finally, just before 11am Glenn informed me the hearing isn’t going to start until noon our time.

I saw the entire hearing and it was mentioned that the next (final?) hearing will be next week.

Rep. Liz Cheney started the hearing with “President Trump is a 76-year-old man. He is not an impressionable child. Donald Trump cannot escape responsibility by being willfully blind.”

Biggest bombshell (my opinion), On December 18th, there was an explosive meeting in the Oval Office with Trump, “team normal” and “team crazy”. There was lots of shouting between the two “teams” and at 1:42am (ET) Trump tweeted, “Statistically impossible to have lost the 2020 election. Big protest in D.C. on January 6th. Be there, will be wild!”

Another bombshell, "After our last hearing, President Trump tried to call a witness in our investigation," Cheney revealed.

"A witness you have not yet seen in these hearings," she explained. "That person declined to answer or respond to President Trump's call and, instead, alerted their lawyer to the call. Their lawyer alerted us and this committee has supplied that information to the Department of Justice."

"Let me say one more time, we will take any effort to influence witness testimony very seriously," she warned.

She ended the hearing with this reminder, "He did not call the military, his secretary of defense received no order, he did not call his attorney general, he did not talk to the Department of Homeland security," Cheney said. "Mike Pence did all of those things, Donald Trump did not."

I had an hour nap in the afternoon.

I made plans to meet Thejas for chess Thursday afternoon.

Teresa had to borrow my phone to call her mother. I asked Laura why Teresa has to borrow my phone if she has two phones.

We left the apt at 7:15 and took a Didi to La Casita Parilla (Carrera 36 #44-35) just down the block from our previous apt. They changed the direction of some of the one-way streets and we ended up exiting the car a block from our destination.

Teresa had their chicken shish kebab and I their ribs.




Down the street we heard chainsaws as they were taking down the large tree that was outside our old building.

A woman with a very cute little dog sat down by the little store next door. I googled Pomeranians and there it was. I asked her how many months old it was, and she said, “12 years”. Incredible. Teresa said she wouldn’t mind if I got a dog like that…but I have to feed it, walk it, pick up its poop, etc. 😊

Our supper with two Cokes cost 45mil ($11) and we returned to the apt by another Didi.

The Dollar keeps getting stronger and it closed today at 4,625 Colombian Pesos to the Dollar.

We’re going to be buying new sheets for our mattress in the near future so I measured it and it’s 190cm by 160cm.

Laura put the sim card back in her mother’s Samsung phone.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment