Wednesday, July 20, 2022

Tuesday, July 19, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, and got up twice during the night. I had trouble falling back asleep, finally woke/got up at 7:15. I don’t feel very refreshed this morning.

Teresa talked to a friend and she has a “cabin” that we can rent for 400mil ($100) a night. She showed me some photos that look nice. I agreed but don’t know where it is or how to get there so that’s on her.

I left the apt at 9am and took a Didi to Santafe mall. I directed the driver to drop me off at the entrance at the top of the hill and it was only one level down to the “vaccination area”. There was no line outside and a guard helped me fill out the form. I got my fourth shot (2nd booster; Moderna), waited 15 minutes to ensure I had no adverse reaction at 10am I ordered a Didi to return me to Envigado. I got out at the Pasteur pharmacy on Ave. Poblado where I bought another box of the high absorbent MPs for 25mil ($6) then had coffee in Parva.  When I left I noticed they have put down pavers at the south end of the street. You’re looking at Antonio’s Gelato and to the right of that would be Na Pizza and next Parva.




I bought 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt by noon.

Looks like it’s going to be another warm day, it’s 85 degrees at 1:30 in the afternoon. Soon the sun will hit the thermometer so later readings won’t be reliable.

I showed Teresa our storage area in the parking garage and how we can only open the door about a foot because of the long cardboard boxes from the refrigerator. She finally relented and said I could throw the boxes away. We could keep them if they were the first things in there as I could put them up against the wall, unfortunately, they were the last things put in. If I wanted to remove everything, I could put the cardboard boxes where they belong and that way keep them. I’m not going to even consider tackling that until I’m 6 months post-surgery. (Six more weeks to go.)

I received an email from Alcala that our apt rent will go up to 2,011,471 ($500) on October 30th.

I tried taking a nap before and after lunch but couldn’t sleep. I think tonight I’ll go back to melatonin and see if that makes a difference.

It’s strange but I get Yahoo emails to my cellphone (eg, Alcala) that I don’t see on my laptop.

Teresa left at 5pm for a massage. She called me at 6pm and asked me to bring her 10mil. (I need to get dressed, close the place up and walk two blocks just to give her 10mil?) She sweetened the deal by suggesting we go for ice cream after. The 10mil turned out to be for booties because she forgot to bring hers. We walked up to Percimon where we had yogurt ice cream with fixings.



On our way back to the apt we stopped at Tienda D1 and Teresa bought 2 packages of arepas and some aromatica (tea).

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment