Sunday, July 10, 2022

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once during the night for a trip to the bathroom. I think I heard Laura return at 1:15. I got up again at 6:30 and went back to bed. I was unable to fall back asleep so I got up by 7:15.

I left the apt at 9am and WALKED to the mall. Not very comfortable considering the leaking and extra pokiness in my surgical area.

I first checked for a Gente newspaper in Exito but I think either you get there on Friday or you miss out. I recycled a couple Coke bottles then made an ATM withdrawal using my CS debit card. No problem except it seemed to take the machine longer than usual to verify my account. I had coffee and a slice of carrot cake in Santa Leña. I bought two bags of milk and two bags of granola in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

Teresa and Laura were just leaving at noon as I entered the apt.

I checked my CS account but forgot that foreign transactions don’t show up for a few days.

I found this informative article about the cost of living in other countries:

 




For lunch I went to Na Pizza where I tried a calzone for the first time. This one was called Bella Napoli and was described “Un favorito de Napoles, este calzone horneado esta relleno de mozzarella, queso paremesano, salchicha italiano, tomate cherry y pesto.” The thing was huge:



But very tasty. I ate half and asked for the rest to go with some more pesto sauce.

I went next door to Parva where I had coffee before returning to the apt by 5pm. (I like to be home before dark.)

Teresa called and asked me to meet them in the porteria. I quickly dressed and found them with her sister Vicky. Laura returned to the apt and the rest of us took a Didi to Antica Pizza where we each had a slice of pizza and Vicky got a slice to go for her daughter Daniela. We walked down the hill to a bakery where we got a couple pastries to go for the guards and returned to the apt by taxi.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment