Thursday, July 28, 2022

Wednesday, July 27, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 4:30, went back to bed and woke/got up at 7:15.

Teresa left at 7am for a gym class.

I left the apt at 8:45 and found Teresa having a latte in Los PorteƱos. She ordered a ham sandwich on whole wheat croissant and a te aromatica and I ordered a classic croissant and scrambled eggs. Glenn soon arrived and took the table next to ours. He finally finished watching The Sopranos for the second time and we discussed the meaning of the last episode. He’s looking to find a different location for breakfast next Sunday. I suggested El Pastelito but later I found they don’t open until 5pm on Sunday. Teresa left, then Glenn and I hung around a little longer to play speed chess. The total check for Teresa and I was 55,100 pesos ($13).

We left the apt at 3pm and took a Didi to Pricesmart for 8,500 pesos. We picked up a large number of items but checking out it seemed like the total got high very quickly so I’m going to have to check that receipt. The total was 680,474 pesos ($170).

We returned to the apt at 6:15 by taxi for 17,500 pesos.

I checked the Pricesmart receipt and it is correct.

It was about 8pm when I noticed it was raining.

I finished reading John Grisham’s Skipping Christmas on my Nook. It wasn’t very long, more like a short story. When I started it and found out the family’s name is Krank I checked IMDB and confirmed it was the basis for the movie Christmas With the Kranks starring Tim Allen and Jamie Lee Curtis.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment