Thursday, July 14, 2022

Wednesday, July 13, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm and got up once during the night at 2:30 for a trip to the bathroom. I got up again at 6:30, fell back asleep, finally waking/getting up from my 8am alarm.

The ladies left at 8:30 for a 9am doctor’s appointment in Poblado for Laura’s hearing.

I left the apt and met Glenn at Los PorteƱos just after 9am. We don’t see any significant difference between my Microsoft Office 365 Family version and his Business version. My version expires next December 28th. At that time I will pay Glenn the equivalent of $33.33 in pesos to use one of his licenses (and Juan the same if he agrees). Since my Express VPN expires at that time, probably the same amount for that program. I still have some questions before we settle on the details.

I stopped at Pasteur where I bought another box of 20 Hidroxicina cold tablets for 3,836 pesos (less than $1).

I was in Parva having coffee when Nobraskja texted I have a package to pick up for 67mil.

I left about 11:15 and picked up the package of 4 Joint Support supplements at Envios Market and returned to the apt.

I checked my USAA account and saw a $5 “Returned Item Fee”. I used Talk360 (53 cents) to talk to a USAA rep and he informed me that USAA attempted to move $ from my CS account to my USAA account (at my request) but my CS account is set up so I can transfer money in but not out. I need to go to CS and give them my USAA account and routing information and in the future I have to use CS to move money from there to USAA. The rep is going to forgive my $5 Returned Item Fee.

I logged into my CS account and, after a short chat with their rep (they already have my USAA account & routing number) used the “Transfers & Payments” tab to request a Xfer from CS to USAA.

I talked to Teresa at 2pm and she recommended I go out for lunch.

I had another Calzone in Na Pizza. This time it was a “Panzarotti (Pizza Frita), El classico panzerotti frito es un favorito local relleno con nuestra salsa de tomate casera, mozzarella, parmesano, albahaca.” My cellphone didn’t catch the rest of the description but here’s a photo.



I care for it as much as the previous Italian sausage one.

It looks like workers are almost finished with the street repairs in La Buena Mesa. I noticed what looks like stacks of pavers ready to be put down.

I was having coffee in Parva when Teresa called at 4pm and asked me to meet them in Viva Envigado. I wasn’t sure where to meet a Didi car here so I walked to the mall.

I found them having frozen yogurt at Percimon. I didn’t feel like getting in the long line but Teresa let me finish hers.

Laura’s cellphone battery was nearly dead so I plugged it into a Coworking table and waited there while the ladies did some more shopping. About 90 minutes later Laura texted me from Teresa’s phone and asked me to meet them outside Crepes & Waffles. The whole time I was sitting there I didn’t see anyone enter this store that I was facing.



The line outside Crepes & Waffles was too long so we went to Peru Wok instead.




I ordered a chicken rice dish that was pretty tasty and, of course, the others all ordered seafood. Laura told me that her doctor gave her a thorough ear cleaning and she can now hear again. The check came to 246,161 ($60) for the four of us.

We returned to the apt, after dropping off MT near her apt, by taxi.

Outside the porteria I noticed a police motorcycle with two helmets sitting on top. When we walked inside the portero said something to Teresa and Laura. The only word I understood was “ladrones” which means “thieves”. I asked which tower and he said, ‘7’. I didn’t even know there was a tower 7. We are in a different tower so I wasn’t real concerned. Besides, we already survived a home invasion. Nevertheless Teresa had us lock our door from the inside for tonight.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment