Tuesday, July 26, 2022

Monday, July 25, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up twice (raining both times), fell back asleep quickly, finally waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7am. Feeling pretty good.

It appears to be an unusually cool morning so far.

I’m really looking forward to a nice warm shower.

What? I forgot to post Friday’s activity? Got to fix that!

Teresa reminded me she has a 3:30 doctor’s appointment in El Tesoro.

At 10:30 it’s still only 70 degrees and feels like rain.

I’m looking at All-Inclusive resorts in Punta Cana, Dominican Republic for us to celebrate our birthdays in October. At the moment I’m liking Bahia Principe Luxury Bouganville – Adults Only.

We left at 2:45 for Teresa’s appointment. The Didi car there cost 10mil. Everything came out good from her appointment. We were walking through the newest wing of the mall when we came across this new cafĂ© named Valentina. They had this pastry of the month I had to try. I’ll describe it as two stacked yeast donuts with something green inside (not avocado) with arequipe and nuts on the outside. I had one with a latte and Teresa had a slice of what looked like pound cake with a latte. She only had a couple bites of her cake and got the rest to go.





Teresa did some shopping. At one point she was in this purse store, Bimbo y Lola or something like that, and she was interested in this large compartmentalized purse. Believe me she has enough purses.

This store looks like it's right out of the 1960's



I found this interesting "market" in one of the mall's atriums:



Teresa spent a bit of time in another store and finally waved me in. She showed me a small purse she apparently wanted for 800mil. I said, “I’m not spending $200 on a purse” and I walked out. She soon joined me on the sofa outside and explained that this purse was pure leather and was less expensive than what I would pay in the US. I told her that purse better be made of gold and it doesn’t matter if it costs $1000 in the States. I explained Laura has the benefit of buying whatever she wants using her husband’s credit card. Teresa reminded me that Laura works and I reminded her she doesn’t make enough money babysitting to pay for her own apartment.

About 6:30 we walked to the taxi stand and discovered it was raining. I picked up number 154 and I think I heard them call out 129. We went upstairs where she bought a few makeup items at this Asian store with a funny name. Back downstairs at the taxi stand and it was pouring. I gave my number to someone who had just entered the area.

To kill time we had supper in J&C Delicious. Asian chicken for her and Penne Carmela for me. My strawberry juice with milk turned out to be all foam. First time that’s happened so I didn’t complain to the wait staff.

Back at the taxi stand and there was now a downpour and the line was even longer. We went down by the Carulla grocery store where I used inDriver to order a ride for 22mil. The car arrived 5 minutes later and we were back at the apt withing 30 minutes. Without inDriver we would have still been waiting for a taxi.

My brother sent me this video of my cousin David’s country band, Whiskey Romance – Country Thunder. He looks to be the bearded one in the light hat.

https://nam12.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fyoutu.be%2FtYOwXS4N-mc&data=05%7C01%7C%7Cb7f4accd5cda4473795c08da6d96f349%7C84df9e7fe9f640afb435aaaaaaaaaaaa%7C1%7C0%7C637942792343370925%7CUnknown%7CTWFpbGZsb3d8eyJWIjoiMC4wLjAwMDAiLCJQIjoiV2luMzIiLCJBTiI6Ik1haWwiLCJXVCI6Mn0%3D%7C3000%7C%7C%7C&sdata=3n4rJTcX4dxLw%2F%2FkvELc7%2BkuWyKG8Q6ahTRhIk3aMDU%3D&reserved=0

 

Funny pix of the day

No comments:

Post a Comment