Sunday, July 17, 2022

Saturday, July 16, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, and got up once during the night at 4am for a trip to the bathroom. The street was wet so we must have had a shower. I finally woke/got up at 7:30.

Maybe today will be the last day of my cold.

I left the apt at 9:45 and took a Didi to the mall. I printed a few pages of chess notes then quickly (no line) paid the epm and Tigo/Une bills in the Exito payment center.

I had a strong WiFly (wifi) signal as I went up to Santa Leña for coffee. I played a few rapid (10 minutes) chess games on my cellphone, checking my notes and doing a computer analysis after each game. I’m still working on learning the ins and outs of my new openings.

I talked to Teresa at 12:45 and she requested I return to the apt for lunch.

I had a 45-minute nap after lunch. When I got up, Teresa had already left to meet Laura in Santafe mall.

I left at 3:45 and had coffee for a couple hours at Los Porteños before returning to the apt just before dark.

I met Teresa and Laura in the porteria at 7:30 and we walked to La Buena Mesa in search of a place for dinner. The old frozen yogurt place is now a Messi themed Argentinian restaurant with a very strange name. There was a short line at Jack & Roll so we went on and finally settled on Pizzeria Olivia. Teresa had her usual salmon, I had short pasta with bolognesa sauce and I don’t know what Laura ordered. I tried one of their house iced teas – black tea with lemon but it was only so so. The total came to 156,241 (about $39). La Buena Mesa was really hopping when we left at 9pm.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment