Saturday, August 13, 2022

Friday, August 12, 2022

Last night I took a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10pm and fell asleep quickly. I was awakened by Teresa’s snoring at 11:15. I tried changing position which sometimes stops her but finally gave up at 11:30 and took my sheet, pillow, and facemask into the guest room. I still couldn’t fall asleep so I got up at 1am to work on my blog. I went back to bed at 2:15 and woke/got up at 8:15.

Teresa had already left for the gym so I just had a bowl of granola.

I left the apt at 9:30 in 76 degrees. The portero handed me our utility bill. I told him he was too kind and he laughed. I WALKED to the mall the worst part of which is the last long block is completely in the sun.

I recycled some plastic bottles then printed some chess notes in Auros using my backup 16GB Sandisk Cruzer USB drive. I then handed the young lady who speaks a little English my 8GB Jaltech USB drive and asked her if she could fix it. Another customer helped me with the Spß> English translation. She said she would have to call someone for help but before I could pay for my copies she handed it back and told me it was fixed. 😊

I paid the epm and Tigo/Une bills in Exito. In the mall proper I paid the Claro bills, made an ATM withdrawal then went to Santa Leña for coffee. Teresa called and informed me she was visiting a friend then will be getting her hair done. She called me back about 12:30 and asked me to meet her at Asados Rogelio for lunch. I told her I wasn’t hungry now and we agreed to talk later. In Exito I bought 2 packages of 3-pairs of thin white socks and a 6-pack of Coke. (Last Christmas Laura had gifted me a few dozen socks but they are too hot to wear in this warmer weather we’ve been having.)

Outside I was waiting for a taxi when a woman came from behind me and flagged down a taxi as it dropped someone off. Another woman tried to do the same and this time I put my body in front of her and took the taxi myself. That was very strange!

I think we hit a high of about 85/86 degrees today.

I left the apt at 2pm and stopped at Gana to pay the Direct TV bill. I understood I couldn’t pay it because the account number wasn’t correct. (I hadn’t been able to find the post-it note with the account number in its file so I guessed based on two receipts having identical numbers.) I thanked her and continued on to Na Pizza.

I finally got a photo of the new paver roadway and crosswalk.



I had Na’s chicken parmesan sandwich that someone had touted on Facebook. It would have been better with a little extra sauce like they have for their calzone. I ate half the sandwich and got the other half to go. With my strawberry juice the total came to 49,500 pesos ($12).

I went next door to Parva where I had a café con leche while reviewing my chess notes and playing a few games of speed chess.

I bought 2 bags of milk before returning to the apt.

Teresa returned at 6:15 with her niece Catalina. She gave her a tour of the apt, showed her the new beach cover she bought yesterday and she soon left.

I checked my Direct TV file and I had the correct account number. Maybe I’m trying to pay too early? Maybe I can’t pay it at that Gana location?

For supper I just had the other half of my chicken sandwich.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment