Saturday, August 6, 2022

Friday, August 5, 2022

Last night I took a whole Zopiclona, went to bed at 10pm and fairly quickly fell asleep. I got up 3 times during the night for trips to the bathroom (raining each time). The third time I noticed Teresa had moved to the guest bedroom. Later she told me this time I was snoring. I woke/got up at 6:30, had breakfast then had a nap of another hour.

Teresa had already left for the gym when I got up at 8:45.

I called Charles Schwab (800 421 4488) using my new MagicJack, got my debit card unblocked and confirmed my new Travel Notice was activated.

I left the apt at 9:45 and took a Didi to the mall. I picked up a Gente newspaper, printed some chess notes and went up to the 3rd floor banking area where I made a small but successful ATM withdrawal using my CS debit card.

In Santa Leña, after waiting something like 20 minutes, I had to flag down a waitress to order a latte. Half an hour later I had to remind the waitress that I ordered a latte. 😊 Teresa called about 12:15 and asked me to return for lunch. I had to go to the cashier to pay for my coffee and soon caught a taxi back to the apt.

I had an hour nap after lunch.

I think my 8Gb USB drive died. Whenever I put it in the port it informs me it has to be formatted first.

I left at 3:30 and had a latte in Eduardo Madrid while playing some speed chess.

I was back at the apt before dark (6pm).

It took almost 30 minutes to place our first order with the new Mu management, it’s slightly more expensive and is supposed to be delivered in 45 minutes.

I googled Difenhidramina (Diphenhydramine in English) and it’s an antihistamine mainly used to treat allergies but can also be used for insomnia. Maximum effect is two hours after a dose. I checked Walgreens and a 25mg (my prescription is for 50mg) bottle of 600 caplets is $24.99. I texted Nobraskja to ensure it will be allowed through customs. Hmmm. I just got the idea that Jeannie might be able to bring me a bottle.

We had quite a lightning storm come through for about 15 minutes followed by a downpour.

I received an email that my NFL Game Pass subscription has been renewed for another year.

I received an email from the US embassy in Bogota that Teresa has an interview date for December – 2024.

Laura is on her way to Italy (Sicily) with Lenny.

An hour and 10 minutes later Teresa didn’t think the ribs were going to be delivered so she asked me to order chicken wings and we would eat the ribs tomorrow. Unfortunately, Rocket Wings replied, “Temporarily we will not be able to accept cash as a payment method”. The ribs finally arrived an hour and 45 minutes after placing the order. I should have known better than to order on their first weekend. The ribs weren’t as warm as usual, I thought they should have been slightly charred, and the fries were cold and not as crispy as usual. Still, Teresa ate two ribs and I one with half the fries.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment