Thursday, August 4, 2022

Wednesday, August 3, 2022

Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 9:30 and it took a little while to fall asleep. I woke up at 1am for a trip to the bathroom then took the other half of the Zopiclona. Teresa started breathing heavily (I couldn’t really call it snoring) and no matter how much I moved or bounced the mattress she didn’t stop so I moved to one of the guest bedrooms. I woke/got up at 7:30. I had a small tightness in my right calf, not quite a cramp. I’m going to go back to the whole Zopiclona and I’m going to try sleeping in the guest bedroom for a while.

I see my SS deposit in my Charles Schwab account but no acceptance confirmation yet of my travel notice. I’m considering switching now from CS to Capital One 360 so not to have these problems with foreign transactions.

Glenn confided in me last Sunday that he doesn’t want to be near Teresa again until she’s fully vaccinated. I also don’t want any travel headaches so I strongly recommended she get her 2nd shot. I gave her the phone number for Sura Sabaneta hospital so hopefully she will follow up on that.

I arrived at Los Porteños just before 9am and Glenn arrived 10 minutes later. He found a good breakfast place in Sao Paolo plaza near him so we’ll give that a try some Sunday. He recommended before I give up on Charles Schwab to just call them and explain I live most of the year in Colombia. I learned if I place an Amazon order from their cellphone app using my Colombian address it will inform me, “Ships to Colombia” or “Ships free to Colombia”.

Back at the apt I installed the Amazon Shopping app on my cellphone, entered our Colombian address and ordered a mesh soap saver (Saturday, August 13th delivery) and a Korky toilet plunger with holder (date not available). All free because I used an Amazon gift card my son gave me for Father’s Day.

I discovered the reason I wasn’t allowed more than one game analysis per day on Chess.com is because my subscription expired on June 14th so I used Paypal to renew it for another year.

After lunch I received an email from CS to check their message center which verified my Travel Notice for August 1st through October 15th.

I left the apt at 2:30 and took a Didi to the mall. I printed some chess notes then went up to the 2nd floor banking area. I tried to make a withdrawal using my CS card but got the same error message as previously. Luckily, I brought my USAA card this time and was able to make a sizeable withdrawal. I went into Av Villas bank and used their counter to count out 920mil. I then went to a Bancolombia consignacion machine and after a 15-minute wait made the deposit into an account. Laura says this is someone who will speed up Teresa’s interview with the US embassy.

Yesterday in Mayorca Teresa bought a few things in a Japanese store named Miniso including a cute little metal stand to hold a cellphone in an upright position. I liked it so much I bought one myself for 24,900 in a slightly different color.

I went into Santa Eleña and took a seat at a back table. Twenty minutes later no one had inquired if I had been served so I flagged down a waitress and ordered a latte. I reviewed my new chess notes then played a few games of speed chess on my cellphone. Later I saw a family waiting for a table in what appeared to be a full café. It took me about 10 minutes to pay my bill and leave.

I called Teresa and asked if she would be interested in seeing a movie tonight. I checked and there were two movies starting at 6:30. It was already 5:40 so Teresa said we would try another night.

I probably already mentioned this months ago but there is a small miniature golf setup on the 2nd floor.

While waiting in a long line for a taxi I could see 5 kites high in the air.

 

Funny pix of the day



4 comments:

  1. What difference does it make to someone else if Teresa isn't fully vaccinated. A person who is fully vaccinated can still get the virus, I know this from personal experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you can still catch Covid with the second booster. The vaccine and the boosters But as it increases your anti-bodies, it decreases your chance of catching it. Also, it helps drasticaly lower the severity of the virus if you do get the infection. The anti-bodies drop to lower levels quicker in the elderly. So the boosters are important.
      Jack Williams

      Delete
    2. The point was it can still be passed on.

      Delete
  2. Terry, hope all is going well. I am attaching a link with an article from the Fnanciial Times regarding Petro. I found it informative and interesting. I hope you do also.
    https://www.ft.com/content/bcee1596-2caf-43d0-89c5-43d533f01da0?desktop=true&segmentId=7c8f09b9-9b61-4fbb-9430-9208a9e233c8#myft:notification:daily-email:content

    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete