Wednesday, August 17, 2022

Tuesday, August 16, 2022

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 9pm. I got up three times during the night and had a small cramp in my right calf but slept well waking at 6:30 and getting up at 7:30.

We were out of eggs and milk so Teresa called and a muchacho delivered 2 bags of milk and 30 eggs for 30mil ($7) and I tipped him 2 mil.

Teresa left at 9:45. We’re going to meet at Mayorca at 1pm for lunch then buy some fruits & vegetables in Exito before returning to the apt.

I left at 9:50 and walked to Maca which was still closed. I went next door to Servientrega which is a shipping company with a $efecty sign outside.. I paid the Direct TV bill of 138,300 pesos ($34) and at 10:10 Maca was still closed. I walked across the street and soon caught a bus to Viva Envigado. I had a latte in Santa Leña while studying my chess notes and playing some speed chess. I’m approaching the 1400 level.

I left at 12:30 and there was a short line for a taxi. Traffic was heavy but I got this photo of the Ikea construction from the taxi.



 I didn’t arrive at Mayorca until almost 1pm and I found Teresa sitting in J&C Delicias.

This is a children’s play area in the 5th floor atrium that I took from my restaurant seat:


I ordered quesadillas but it wasn’t what I expected when it arrived. I expected more of a pocket sandwich and it was the ingredients (heavy on the cheese) over an arepa. I didn’t finish it and we got some of our chicken breast strips to go and Teresa will use it to make supper tonight.

Teresa looked for something in Dollar City but we left with nothing.

We went into Sentry and Teresa proclaimed she had never been there before. I know she’s been there before and I remember I bought my electric shaver there. We bought a new pressure cooker, a new pan for pancakes, a spatula, a portable stool, a package of 5 spoons and I don’t remember what else for 365,200 pesos ($87). At one point Teresa had asked me for advice as to whether she should get the medium or large pressure cooker. She was concerned she needed one large enough in those cases when relatives would visit. I suggested she get the medium size one and when they visit use the new one in addition to the old one. Teresa wanted to stop in Exito to buy some fruit but I declared we had enough stuff to carry for one day. The cashier gave Teresa 3 slips of paper for a drawing. While she was filling them out I stretched and looked inside the box and immediately got a cramp in my right calf. I quickly kneaded it out.

We returned to the apt by taxi.

I left at 3:45 and had a café con leche in Parva and bought a pan sano to go.

I was back at the apt by 6pm.

I had to remind Teresa again not to use a metal spoon on a T-Fal pan. She switched to her new plastic spatula.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment