Friday, August 19, 2022

Thursday, August 18, 2022

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 11pm. I fell asleep relatively quickly. I made a trip to the bathroom at 3pm, couldn’t fall asleep so got up and did some work on my computer.

I discovered I didn’t get my black USB drive back from Auros yesterday so I’ll be making a trip there this morning.

Jeannie couldn’t find Teresa’s medicine in Walgreens or CVS. I ordered a bottle of Spirulina but I had to send it to my Florida address, Amazon wouldn’t allow me to sent it to my Colombia address. It has an Estimated Delivery Date of Monday, August 9nd and I paid for it with a gift card balance.

I returned to bed at 4am and woke/got up at 8:30.

For breakfast I asked Teresa to make my usual scrambled eggs with toast. When the toast arrived I asked her why she made it out of my hamburger buns again. She asked what else and I pointed to the pan sano that’s been sitting on the kitchen table for the past two days. 😊 She forgot!

Teresa wants me to buy 2 white ceramic mugs in Home Center so J & J will have something nice to drink their coffee in tomorrow morning.

I left the apt just after 10am and took a Didi to the mall. I picked up my USB drive at Auros and bought 2 white ceramic mugs and a 4-pack of Energizer batteries. I had coffee in Todo Fresa until about noon. I bought a few things in Exito and returned to the apt by taxi.

For lunch I had the last rib with the last of the fries.

I left the apt about 2:15 and soon was on a bus to San Diego mall. After paying the 2,550 pesos fare, I had no problem getting a seat but it was standing room only by the time I got to the mall. I hit the buzzer a little soon and got off a block from the mall. After a trip to the restroom I was at the corner where I used to catch the airport bus. The area had been remodeled and didn’t look like a bus stop. I asked a woman if this is where I catch the bus to the airport and she said it was. It arrived five minutes later and for a 17mil fare I was soon at the airport. I bought a latte and almond croissant and had it at a table just outside the arrivals area.

The COPA flight landed on time but it took a little over an hour for them to get through customs and exit the area. Jeannie made a trip to the restroom then they both made an ATM withdrawal.

We found Carlos with his taxi outside and across the street. He easily loaded their backpacks into the trunk and we were off. Jacob was amazed to see the lights of Medellin from up in the mountains. It was 45minutes to an hour to return to the apt.

Everyone was hungry so they put their stuff away and we walked to Otra Parte. We casually ordered drinks and looked at the menu. Jeannie ordered chips and sauce for an appetizer then we found out at 8:40pm their kitchen was closing in 20 minutes. We quickly finished the chips and our drinks, paid and walked to Olivia’s in La Buena Mesa. I checked and they are open until 11pm on Thursdays. Teresa ordered salmon and the rest of us shared a margarita pizza. We walked back to the apt and I was in bed by 10:30.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment