Saturday, August 20, 2022

Friday, August 19, 2022

Last night I took a Zopiclona and went to bed at 10:30pm and fell asleep quickly. I made a trip to the bathroom once during the night finally waking on my own at 6am.

I took my shower so as to leave it available for everyone else.

Carlos picked us up at 9am and took us to Guatape arriving by 11:15. We walked around the colorful neighborhoods a while then had a fresh juice at a cafĂ© near the park. We took motochivas to La Piedra for 12mil (The Rock) but it dropped us off like a quarter mile from the top where the base of the rock begins. Now there is a “toll booth” set up charging a fee for motorized vehicles and it appears the motochivas don’t want to pay the fee so they drop off passengers there.

Jeannie and Jacob walked up The Rock but it took over an hour to get up and down. You could see slow crowds working their way up and down. It sounds like part of the stairwall was under construction and had to be shared by both ways traffic.

We took motochivas back to Guatape and had a Colombian lunch in a restaurant named Kennedy. It was about 3:15 when we decided we were ready to return to Envigado. The trip back took just over 3 hours with the heavy traffic in Medellin.

They packed their backpacks and we took a Didi to their AirBnB in Poblado (Calle 8#43C-37). It’s a nice apt in what appears to be a “quiet” (“quieter”?) area of Poblado. We walked around the neighborhood but couldn’t find a suitable place for dinner.

We walked to Calle 10 and quickly caught a taxi to take us up the hill where we got out at Carrera 33.

We walked around that area and I finally led them to El Correo where we ending up having a nice dinner. I had their baby beef and a buttered baked potato which were delicious.



There was a brief rainstorm while we were there.

After dinner I ordered a Didi which first dropped them off at their place then took me to Envigado.

I took some of the pills I’d missed during the day including one of the allergy pills Jeannie brought me and went to bed at 10:30.

 

Funny pix of the day




 

No comments:

Post a Comment