Monday, August 29, 2022

Sunday, August 28, 2022

Last night I took my usual pills and went to bed at 10pm. I fell asleep pretty quickly and got up twice during the night. I woke up at 6:15, did my Kegel exercises and got up just before 7am.

To Jackal1970: “Those who live in the past are doomed to repeat it.” Or something like that. 😊

Teresa informed me she wouldn’t be joining me for breakfast. I texted Glenn but he said he had made other plans.

I left the apt at 8am and on my way to La Buena Mesa I noticed some fence pieces setup near side streets. I walked to Ganso y Castor where I tried their Pancakes con Nutella & Banano. They were a little dry but made much better with their maple syrup. The total check with 2 lattes was 48mil ($12).




I stopped at Pasteur pharmacy to pick up something for Teresa but they were closed.

I had a café con leche at Parva, read some from my American Chess magazine then played a few games of speed chess.

Teresa called me at 11:30 just as I was ready to leave. She told me not to come back to the apt because the street was full of motorcycles. She asked me to go to the mall and pick up chicken and return to the apt. As I approached Calle 30 I could see the side street closed off with a barricade and crowds of people on the side of the street and hear motorcycles go by. I managed to cross the street when I saw a gap in motos but by the time I got out my cellphone, turned it on, keyed in my pin, selected the camera app and set it to video I only caught the very end of the parade.




With my brother’s help I’m shopping for a medium spinner molded suitcase, hopefully a Samsonite, for my September 2023 trip to the US. Teresa and I have also discussed getting carry-ons for our trip to the Dominican Republic this October.

At 12:15 I ordered a whole fried chicken from Frisby and it arrived at 1:15.

++++++ Typical conversation with Teresa +++++++++

Teresa (after listening to something on Youtube): Should we get one of those blood pressure monitors?

Me: Do you have blood pressure problem?

Teresa: No.

Me: Neither do I, so no.

 

+++++++++++++++++++++ Later +++++++++++++++

Teresa: What’s the name of that big lake in Chicago?

Me: Lake Michigan.

Teresa: Michigan. Does it have crocodiles?

Me: No, no crocodiles.

Teresa: Are you sure?

Me: Yes, I’m sure.

 

For supper, Teresa used pieces of chicken breast and mixed it with avocado and served it on top of an arepa.

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment