Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Monday, August 1, 2022

Last night I took half a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10:30 (it was pouring), and fell asleep but not so quickly. I got up once during the night (still raining) and took the other half, returned to bed and fell back asleep again not so quickly. I woke again during the night, made a trip to the bathroom and went back to bed. I finally woke/got up at 7:15.

I received my pensions in my USAA account. My Charles Schwab account should have my SS deposit by the 3rd.

I checked Citibank and so far they haven’t charged me the $12 Monthly Service Fee for not having automatic deposits into my account.

At 9:30 I took a Didi to the mall. I printed some chess notes then went to the bank and paid the apartment rental. At a Bancolombia consignacion ATM I paid for Teresa’s gym membership and my health insurance. A Davivienda ATM rejected my CS debit card with a “transaccion con problemas. Intente luego” error message. I set their Travel Notice for July 1-31 so obviously they didn’t extend it.

I had a latte in Todo Fresa while sending my confirmation emails, reviewed some chess notes and played a couple games of speed chess.

I bought a large box of highly absorbent MPs in Exito before returning to the apt by taxi.

At 12:30 the temperature dropped and we had a short shower. Twenty minutes later a downpour started and lasted 25 minutes.

I sent an email to Bahia Principe Luxury Bouganville asking if facemasks are really required on their property. I now see “unlimited dinners in our specialty restaurants - -- reservation and formal dress required”. What, I have to wear a tuxedo?

Now we’re strongly considering the Grand Sirenis Punta Cana Resort & Aquagames. From here it looks like the total cost (airfare [MDE – PUJ] & hotel [Family Suite]) for October 4th – 11th should be $1553.26 according to an Orbitz.com package.

I logged into my CS account and requested a Travel Notice from August 1st to October 15th. I understand I now have to wait for a rep to approved it.

At 5:15 a little more rain.

I finished watching the limited series Keep Breathing on MTV. I finished reading John Grisham’s Bleachers on my Nook.

It was about 8:30 that I noticed it was pouring out.

 

 

Funny pix of the day



No comments:

Post a Comment