Friday, August 12, 2022

Thursday, August 11, 2022

Last night I took a Zopiclona, went to bed at 10pm and fell asleep quickly. I woke up three times during the night for trips to the bathroom. I woke/got up at 7:15.

We left at 11:15 and took a Didi to Jardin de Botanico for 17mil.

We had a fifteen-minute wait in line.




We saw lots of flowers:







And these are my favorites:





And crafts:






For lunch Teresa ordered a tamal (I’ve learned tamale is incorrect) wrapped and cooked in a leaf for us to share. I thought the contents: rice, potato, carne de res (dried ground beef), chorizo (sausage), chicharron would be all mixed together but the contents were whole and separate. I ate most of the sausage and some of the potato.

I thought this “leprechaun” surrounded by hummingbirds was interesting.



Teresa inquired about this handmade knitted dress and was told it was 720mil ($180).



We were sitting on a bench next to a pond when this large lizard (iguana?) slowly lumbered toward us. Teresa jumped up but I sat there and watched it pass a foot in front of me. I didn’t think to take a photo of it until it was almost behind a tree:



We bought something like a homemade popsicle, her’s was something green and bitter but mine was vanilla with mora (blackberry) that hit the spot.

On our way out we stopped at a vending machine and I paid 2,500 pesos for a bottle of water only to find it was carbonated. Another 1,500 pesos and we had another bottle “without gas”.

Across the street we quickly caught a taxi back to Envigado but in slow, heavy traffic it cost 32mil to return.

As I entered the porteria the portero handed me a large package. Teresa gave me the usual song and dance, “what now?” “something else to fill the apartment?”, and “if I don’t like it I’m going throw it in the trash”.

I used my Swiss army knife to cut the package open on the kitchen table. It was the Corky toilet plunger with storage stand. Again, Teresa said you can buy that here. “Then why didn’t you? No, Home Center doesn’t have it.” I demonstrated how it works and Teresa replied she would gift the one she bought weeks ago to her mother.

I checked Cine Colombia and the following are in English with Spanish subtitles:

Beast is playing at 8:30

Good Luck Leo Grande at 9:40

Bullet Train at 2:20, 8:40, 6:20 (IMAX).

I suggested we see Beast at 8:30 tonight but she has an early morning gym class tomorrow.

I went to get a handle of mixed nuts from the container Jeannie sent me but I couldn’t find it in the kitchen.

I asked Teresa where they were and she said, “you finished them”.

Me: “No”

Teresa: “You threw away the container”.

Me: “No”

As Paul Harvey would say, “and this is the rest of the story”:

A few years ago Teresa had a floor cabinet made for the kitchen. The microwave oven is on it plus various bags and packages. The container of mixed nuts was on top of and at the end of the cabinet. Next to, and below it, is our waste basket. The container must have fallen into the waste basket and Teresa threw out the bag. She admitted she found it curious that I had finished the container so quickly. I didn’t as it still contained 20%-25% of the mixed nuts.

I got out the bag of fresh pecans from my desk cabinet and asked her to try these. She replied, “we already have those from Pricesmart.” She tried them and declared they were fresher and better.

The portero stopped by and handed me our Tigo/Une bill. I’ll probably pay that tomorrow morning in Exito, VE.

For supper, I ordered 6 alitas with mustard sauce separate for Teresa, 6 alitas bathed in BBQ sauce with casco (helmet) fries and a 400ml Coke for me for 52mil ($13) including a nice tip for the delivery guy.

 

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, you are a better (Kinder?) man then me. “if I don’t like it I’m going throw it in the trash” -- ME "Once you start paying the rent you can throw out anything you want to--But not until that time!!!!!!!!!!"
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete