Sunday, August 7, 2022

Saturday, August 6, 2022

Last night I took a whole Zopiclona, went to bed at 10pm but it took at least an hour to fall asleep. I ran into Teresa exiting the bathroom and I thought she told me it was seis y veinte (6:20) am but it was tres y veinte (3:20) am. I couldn’t fall back asleep so I got up at 4am and did some work on the computer before returning to bed at 5am. I finally fell asleep waking/getting up at 7:45.

I talked to my daughter Jeannie for about an hour planning their vacation here. They will be here August 18th to the 26th but will be in Cartagena from the 22nd to the 25th. She’s going to bring me the allergy capsules from Walgreens I’m hoping will help me sleep.

I tried booking a week at the Grand Sirenis, Punta Cana using Orbitz but after entering my CS card it replied, “We weren’t able to proceed with your booking.” How about telling me why not.

I tried again using my USAA card and this time it worked. After choosing my preferred flight times the total increased $500 to $2,023.88.

I packed up my laptop and took it to Parva where I had a cafĂ© con leche and a pastry and got another pastry to go for Teresa. I realized I had forgotten my cellphone. I updated some chess notes on my laptop. Just after 4pm we had a drizzle that lasted about 45 minutes. They have opened the road next to Antonio’s Gelato but I didn’t have a phone to take a photo of it.

I was back at the apt by 5:15. For supper I had a couple leftover ribs while I ordered chicken wings for Teresa.

Laura called Teresa from Palermo (Sicily) where she’s vacationing with Lenny. She can’t get over the time difference – 6:30pm here is 1:30am there. That’s the first time she’s experienced a significant difference in time zones.

Teresa wants to go to a new (for us) restaurant tomorrow for breakfast, Azai in Provenza of Poblado. Since Glenn informed me last week he doesn’t want to sit near Teresa until she is fully vaccinated that leaves him the odd man out.

Funny pix of the day



1 comment:

  1. Terry, here is another article on Petro from the AP wire service.

    https://apnews.com/article/elections-colombia-caribbean-presidential-56620b5368ae476b30252d7230b56608?user_email=ab781aff431eaf96fded16fd496f3bf8bf1cd15566ab67ea62547178ced1b20f&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=August07_MorningWire&utm_term=Morning%20Wire%20Subscribers

    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete