Saturday, October 15, 2022

Friday, October 14, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 11:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2 am, woke up at 6:30, did my Kegel exercises, went back to sleep, finally waking/getting up at 7:30.

Teresa left at 8am for the gym. I left at 9am for Eduardo Madrid bakery. I stopped first at the Gana kiosk where I learned I can only pay the Direct TV bill if I know the exact amount. Sigh!

Teresa was already waiting for me when I arrived at Eduardo Madrid bakery. I asked for a menu but understood what they have is written on their blackboards. Teresa helped me order what turned out to be a ham sandwich with a small tomato and lettuce salad. I felt it was a strange thing to have for breakfast.



Teresa left to get her eyelashes done.

I walked down to $efecty in Servientrega where I learned the mall is called Mall Torre La Vega.



They were able to look up my Direct TV account (actually Teresa’s) and I paid 144,700.

In an attempt to force myself to walk more I walked to the mall. I picked up a Gente Newspaper and went upstairs to Claro where I paid our cellphone bills. I tried an ATM withdrawal using Charles Schwab but go the same “try again later message”. I have a travel notice in affect from the 1st to the 14th. Sigh! I used my USAA card with no problem.

In Todo Fresa I was surprised to see the waitresses without facemasks for the first time in 2 ½ years. I no longer recognized any of them. 😊

I read the Gente newspaper while drinking a latte. It mentioned they will be building a second Pricesmart in Medellin, this time in Poblado. Also, November 11th is when they will turn on the Christmas lights in Envigado.

I bought these items in Exito for 104,755 pesos ($23.25); good deal, right?



Teresa called me at 1:15 to inform me she’s having lunch in El Pastelito and asked me to eat in Asados Rogelio.

I left at 2pm and walked to Asados Rogelio. I ordered the chicken breast and frijoles without an egg or arepa. Not bad for 22mil ($5).

I had a latte in Los Porteños while studying a chess book. This is one of 3 Halloween decorations they had hanging from the ceiling.



I left at 4:30 and returned to the apt.

I was watching an episode of Breaking Bad when Teresa called me at 5pm to alert me to the fact that we would be having pizza in Antica Pizza tonight.

Teresa called me at 6:30 and asked me to take a taxi to the restaurant. I ordered a Didi, changed clothes and arrived downstairs in time for my ride. Adriana, Catalina, and Juliana were there. We all had pizza and I only had to kick in 50mil towards the total. Catalina gave us a ride back to our apt.

Today I got in 6,583 steps, a new high. Although today my feet and ankles area a little sore.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment