Saturday, October 1, 2022

Friday, September 30, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 7am.

Teresa left at 8am for a gym class. We’ll meet up later for lunch in Viva Envigado.

Time to start paying the bills for the new month.

I left just before 9am and took a Sabaneta bus to Calle 36 Sur. I walked 5 blocks to Todo Drogas where I bought my October medications for 227,500 pesos ($51).

I bought an additional item in a Tienda Naturista and walked back to the apt. I put my step counter on, having forgotten it before. I changed clothes and texted Marcos I would be 5 minutes late. On the elevator I ran into the young girl who speaks English. She’s now 11 years old and is definitely taller.

I met Marcos at Maca where we had a latte. He bet me a latte that the NY Giants will beat the Chicago Bears this Sunday. I accepted. He informed me that Sura in Envigado has a vaccine for Omicron Ba.4 and BA.5. He said his girlfriend got her passport and is returning by bus – a 48-hour trip. I informed him we will be without water on Sunday and Monday.

I left just before 11am and walked across the street to a bus stop. As I stepped into the street to see (behind a sign) if a bus was coming 2 young ladies took a seat at the bus stop behind me. I thought I heard them speak English as I bent over and picked up a shiny new 100-peso coin. The bus arrived and I got on. (Note to self: In the future don’t be so distracted by shiny objects.)

I got off at the mall and recycled a few things at their recycling center.



I printed a summary page for my pensions and picked up a Gente newspaper.

I went upstairs where I paid the apt rent, Teresa’s gym and my health insurance. Only took about 15 minutes.

Back downstairs I had a latte in Todo Fresa. According to Gente the La Buena Mesa construction should be finished in November. 




I took photos of my receipts and Whatsapp’d them to their sources. Teresa called me to see where I was and soon joined me.

We went upstairs to Crepes & Waffles where we waited in line for about 15 minutes for a table.

I had their turkey pita sandwich and Teresa had some chicken dish and an extra plate of avocado. The total check came to 54,700 pesos ($12).

We stopped in Medipiel where Teresa bought several items on sale for 294mil ($65.50).

We had to wait in a short line to catch a taxi back to the apt.

We each had a short nap.

Teresa suggested we see a movie tonight. I showed her the 6 candidates and she selected Don’t Worry Darling (6.3), which kind of surprised me since she didn’t understand any of the dialogue. I checked and it starts at 8:50pm so we’ll try to leave here about 8pm.

Teresa made ham sandwiches and praised the sliced ham I purchased at Pricesmart. I chose it over another package because this one was hickory smoked.

I wanted to be sure we got a ride, it being Friday night and all, so I used InDriver and offered 10mil for what should be a 6mil ride. Someone soon accepted and was only 5 minutes away.

In Cine Colombia I bought 2 preferred seats for 30,200 pesos ($7). I bought 2 small sodas for 12,400 ($2.50) and got a small free popcorn using my Platinum card.

The move was very interesting, hard to describe, I kind of liked it but Teresa didn’t. I loved the music: The Oogum Boogum Song, Twilight Time, Bang Bang, Tears on my Pillow, Sh-Boom, To Know Him is to Love Him, You Belong to Me, Who’s Sorry Now, The End of the World, Poor Little Fool, and Someone to Watch Over Me. Well, it was her choice.

While waiting for Teresa to use the restroom I found another 100-peso coin, this time not so shiny.

Downstairs, outside Home Center, there was no wait for a taxi to return us to our apt.

I walked 2,540 steps today excluding the trip to Parque Envigado when I wasn’t wearing it.

I went to bed at 11:30.

 

Fun pix



1 comment:

  1. Terry, growing up I was "taught" finding money was a message from a dead relative they were watching over you and a sign of their love for you. Or it could be a warning from your guardian angel to be extra vigilant that day. The more money you found the stronger the message was - either for love or a stronger warning to be vigilant. We Catholics believe in many things other's call superstitions.
    Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete