Monday, October 10, 2022

Sunday, October 9, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 5am, and finally was awakened and got up by my 7am alarm.

Right away Teresa informed me she didn’t want to go for breakfast, so I texted Glenn and we’re meeting at Sweet Georgia at 9:15.

I left the apt at 8:30 and took a Sabaneta bus to Poblado. I arrived at Sweet Georgia at 9am but no one was there. A waitress soon arrived but when she sat down by the door it was obvious she didn’t have keys. Another waitress arrived and she had keys. Glenn arrived by 9:15 but we had to wait a bit for them to make coffee.

Glenn showed me a Sweet Georgia ad for a 60mil buffet to watch NFL football today. A group of 9 gringos came in and took one large table.

I left at 11am and returned to the apt by Didi for 10mil.

I tried on my linen pants and I love them. They are cool, have 4 pockets and are cord tied. I have two pairs in size Large, one in white and the other khaki. I intended them for Punta Cana but I think I’ll also be wearing them here in the warm afternoons. They just need a little ironing.

I watched the Bears lose a heart breaker to the Minnesota Vikings 29-22, but they’re making progress. Their next game is Thursday night against the 1-4 Washington Commanders.

Teresa cooked the ribs more in her pressure cooker. I had two for a late lunch and they were much better.

The portero dropped off our utility and wifi bills.

This week we topped out at 4,637 pesos to the US Dollar.

Here are Teresa’s projects:

 





I’ve had some problems watching Alone on MTV. Specifically, I will see 8 seconds of video then it pauses for 8 seconds, then repeats. It’s a long, time-consuming process to see an episode. Today I switched from 1080p (pixels) to 720p and it was much better.

Here’s the view from my “throne”. I’m on my recliner, with my new warm booties, you can see our leather chair and couch, my desk with notebook computer under our 50” TV.

 


I watched another episode of Alone and Teresa watched another episode of Jeffrey Dahmer.

Today I managed only 1,626 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment