Saturday, October 22, 2022

Friday, October 21, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 2:45, fell back asleep, woke up just before 7am, did my Kegel exercises and got up.

My cold seems to be much better today.

Teresa is taking her mother to an 11am doctor’s appointment so I will be on my own for lunch.

I met Marcos for coffee at 10am. He thanked me for pointing him to the fish store in Mayorista. He bought a large piece of a red herring and it was fresh, delicious and enough for 3 meals. I shared with him how Badia tea is helping me with constipation and he’s going to recommend it to his girlfriend.

I walked to the mall and printed new copies of 2 pages of my CS High Yield Investor Checking Account application in Auros. I picked up a copy of Gente newspaper. As I was walking out I ran into Chris Cajoleas and we each said “hi” and gave each other a high five.

In the mall atrium I found what looks like an obstacle course for dogs:



I made a withdrawal from a Davivienda ATM using my CS card then went down to Todo Fresa where I got the last table in a corner. I filled out the two application pages again and “read” the Gente newspapter. While there I heard a lot of barking nearby. When I left I saw what appeared to be an area where they had dogs up for adoption.




In Auros I had my 10-page application scanned and copied to my USB drive.

In the restaurant area I decided to try an Italian restaurant named Dante and had one of their specials of the day, ravioli filled with smoked eggplant and a mango juice. 





Teresa called and invited me to go to some type of craft fare. I remembered reading about one last week in Gente and I thought it was on Saturday so I declined.

I went into Cine Colombia and checked out the English titles of a couple of movies I had had trouble translating.




In Exito I bought the Fab liquid detergent Teresa requested and a bag of Snickers mini-bites for trick or treaters. As I was walking out I ran into Chris again. I asked him about the “Chess Kings” t-shirt I had seen him in on FB and he explained it was a popular store in Florida. I inquired about his health and he said all was good although he’s going to be having an proctoscopy in the near future.

I returned to the apt by taxi in heavy traffic on Calle La Buena Mesa.

I watched a few more episodes of Breaking Bad.

When Teresa returned she told me she thought today was Saturday and I guess that’s why there wasn’t any fare today. She brought me a chicken shish kebab from La Estacion. She also had a package that had been delivered to the porteria. It was a book my son gave me for my birthday, titled “Every Goddamn Day”, by Neil Steinberg. I used to love reading his humorous columns in the Chicago Sun-Times so I’m sure I’ll enjoy this book. First I have to finish a paperback I’m working on so it will probably be a few more weeks.

I uploaded my completed application to Charles Schwab using their Messages upload feature.

I think we hit a new high today with 4,917 pesos to the dollar.

Today I got a new high in steps (per my app) with 6,637.

My cold is just the same, it just feels better early and gets worse during the day.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment