Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Tuesday, October 4, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up at 6:15.

I left the apt at 7:45, texted Jose that I was going to be early and walked to the mall. I recycled a couple Coke bottles and a medicine container in the garage and when I got back Jose was waiting for me. I had the complete breakfast minus the orange juice and Jose had coffee with a couple pastries.

I asked him about his recovery from his hernia surgeries, specifically about rehabilitation exercises for his stomach. He said he didn’t have any, he just rested then returned to work.

We went upstairs where I had the Black pieces in the first game. His first move was the strange b4 and I challenged it right away with a5 but he just pushed it to b5. I should have just fianchettoed my bishop to b7. A couple moves later I should have challenged the center but didn’t and after that he just slowly increased his advantage until I blundered my queen on the 27th move.

We reviewed the game for a few more minutes and by then the restaurants were open.

At Papa John’s I ordered an individual pomedoro pizza (tomato and oregano) and a bottle of water. After we each made a trip to the restroom I picked up the pizza and gave Jose a slice.

I had the White pieces for our second game and again I neglected to take control of the center early. I missed a saving move on my 29th move and lost a few moves later.

It was only 2:30 so he probably could get home before traffic go too bad.

We decided last time we played that we would play every other week instead of every week.

I went to a Davivienda ATM and for the first time I got a message that the machine didn’t have any cash. At the next one it just spit my card back out. At the final one I finally got my cash, large bills mixed with small bills. I had a latte in Santa Leña for about 90 minutes.

I had to wait in line for about 20 minutes for a taxi back to the apt.

About 6pm I called Teresa to find out what was going on. She asked me to meet her at Wilson’s Bocados Bar for supper. I changed clothes, ordered a Didi and went down to the porteria to meet it. The app said the car was already here but it wasn’t. Then they seemed to change cars on me and I had to wait a few more minutes. Finally, my car arrived and it took me to Metro Sur and I just had to walk around to the other side of the mall to the bar where Teresa and MT were already at a table.

We all had shish kebab, the total was 60mil and we left at 8:30.

I understand they have to leave early tomorrow for MT’s doctor’s appointments.

Again, I had over 3,000 steps today.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment