Monday, October 3, 2022

Sunday, October 2, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once during the night, finally waking/getting up by alarm at 7am.

I left at 8:45 and walked to Ave Poblado. First I ducked inside Smartfit and asked, for Teresa, what time their Rumba class is – 11:15. I called her with the update.

I quickly caught a Sabaneta bus and thought I saw Glenn sitting outside La Frontera mall as we passed. (I did.) I arrived at Sweet Georgia by 9:15. While waitresses finished setting up tables I made a quick trip to the restroom. Glenn arrived 5 minutes later. We exchanged stories about our difficulties getting things done in Colombia and the US.

I took a Didi to Viva Envigado. The driver, Carlos, asked me a lot of questions about my experience here as a gringo. I bought a 6-pack of Coke and a 32-pack of eggs and caught the next taxi back to the apt.

I watched the Bears lose to the NY Giants 20-12. Sigh!

I made arrangements to meet Jose for chess tomorrow at 8:30.

I finished season 3 of For All Mankind (8.0) on MTV. Wow, what a great final episode! Now I have to wait another year for a new season to finish.

My step counter stopped working so, at my brother’s suggestion, I downloaded a step counter app. We’ll see how that works.

I started watching Dahmer – Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story (8.3) a TV mini-series on Netflix. Teresa was seated in front of the TV but not paying attention. I pointed out that this is a limited series about an American serial killer. The first episode started with his getting caught and after watching that Teresa was hooked.

I finally begged her to stop at 9:30 so I could prepare for sleep.

Well, we didn’t have any water issues although I noticed the bathroom sink was a little smellier than usual.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment