Saturday, October 8, 2022

Friday, October 7, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 9:15, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1:15, again at 5am, finally waking up at 7am.

Teresa left at 8am for her gym class. She took the jacket she decorated to show everyone. We’ll meet up latter for lunch around 1pm, probably La Bahia.

I received this FB birthday wish from my old orange juice friend, Herman.



I left at 8:30 and walked to the mall. I recycled a few plastic bottles then noticed this sign at the recycling desk at the top of the ramp.



I stopped at the Exito Customer Service desk but the Gente newspapers hadn’t arrived yet. I walked down the hall to Juan Valdez where I ordered a small latte. At the bottom of the receipt is the password for their wifi but it didn’t work. I asked a chica about it and she talked briefly to the muchacho working next to her then told me the wifi is bad. Not “out of service” but “bad”.

Nobraskja texted me that I have a package. I told her I would probably pick it up in the afternoon.

I took my time finishing my latte and just before 9:30 I returned to the Information Center where I picked up a Gente. I thought Teresa’s gym class was in the mall so I had coffee in Todo Fresa, which she likes better than Santa Leña

It must be "dog day" in the mall:




Around 11:30 I needed to go to the restroom so I paid for my coffee and after I returned I had coffee at a new spot (for me) called Urbania just outside Casa Ideas.



I got their wifi password that might come in handy in the future when sitting in Todo Fresa.

Teresa called at 12:30 and asked me to meet her at La Casita Parilla for lunch. There was a short wait for a taxi and I thought the driver was lost but he just took the back way to the restaurant. This is a photo of Ikea under construction I took from the taxi.



We each had their chicken breast with baked potato, salad and arepa. Delicious! The arepa is with a slice of melted cheese on top and is the only arepa in Medellin I like.

The total came to 45mil ($10) including Teresa’s Coke and my fresh mango juice.

We had the owner Diego call a taxi for us as Didi didn’t seem to be able to accept their address. We returned to the apt where Teresa got out and I continued on to Ave Poblado.

I picked up my package for 63mil and walked to Los Porteños where I had a large latte. I left at 5pm and returned to the apt.

I opened the packages and found 2 luggage tags, JBL wireless headphones, 3 black squeeze coin holders and 2 pairs of linen pants.

Teresa wanted ribs tonight so I started the order process at 6pm and finally got it accepted by about 6:25. They arrived at 7:15 and cost 108,100 and I gave the muchacho 115mil.

The fries were better than last time we had them delivered but the ribs weren’t cooked all the way through. We’re very disappointed with the product the new management is delivering. It will be a long time before we order from them again.

It started raining just before 8pm and was still raining when I went to bed at 10pm.

Today I clocked 4,797 steps.

 

Fun pix



No comments:

Post a Comment