Saturday, October 29, 2022

Friday, October 28, 2022

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, fell asleep quickly, got up once at 1am (raining), again at 5am (no rain), fell back asleep, woke up at 7:30 (raining), did my Kegel exercises and got up. It’s still raining as Teresa left for the gym.

It’s still raining but I left at 9am by offering 10mil for an InDrive ride to Viva Envigado. I printed out my Update Your Schwab One International Account application at Auros. I picked up a Gente newspaper and had the complete breakfast at Habia Una Vez including orange juice for a total of 16,500 pesos ($3.50).

Upstairs I used my CS and USAA debit cards to make small withdrawals at the same ATM. I want to see if I get different currency exchange rates although I’ll have to wait 3 days or so for the transaction to appear in my CS account.

I had a latte in Todo Fresa while reviewing my CS application. One thing they want is a copy of a utility bill. “Please note that the utility bill must show a street address identical to the address you enter on your account application and Substitute Form W-8BEN. (A post office box is not acceptable.)” (Is that here in Colombia or in the US?)

I checked my ATM receipts, and they are identical except each includes the last 4 digits of my debit card.

I left at 11am and was picking up a few things in Exito when I ran into Jerry. He’s now 69 and doing well. He married his girlfriend since last time I saw him. I told him about my two surgeries and otherwise I’m doing well. I showed him photos of Teresa’s decorated jackets and he wants one for his wife for a surprise Christmas present. While talking to him Martha, Wilson’s gf, stopped by. I introduced them and showed Martha the same photos.

I picked up milk, checked out with a couple other things and returned to the apt by taxi.

I left at 12:15 and picked up a package for 40mil at Envios Market. I showed Nobraskja a couple photos of Teresa’s jackets and she wants me to send her some photos with prices. The package was a kit that I ordered for Teresa that will allow her to “write” on leather.

At 1:30 I offered 20mil for a ride to El Tesoro mall. I quickly got two offers and accepted a ride from Juan Carlos. He spoke a little English having worked in SF, LA, Chicago, NJ, NY, and Miami.

For lunch I had a delicious Hong Kong bowl and a bottle of water at Natto Bowls for 31,680 pesos ($6).






I was early for my 3:40 appointment with Dr. CastaƱo and I was invited in early. I showed him my blood test results and he said all is good. I told him I’m not wearing the faja anymore (after 8 months), I still feel tweaks and pinches down there, and I’m still leaking. He thinks that will improve over time and exercise should help.

I asked whether he thought I should get another tetanus shot. No. I asked whether I should have an endoscopy and colonoscopy and he wrote up the order. I asked about exercise and he said I have no limitations but to start with light weights. (I’m thinking about first doing more walking and maybe about February I’ll consider returning to the gym.)

Our next appointment will be Friday, April 28th at 2pm with my 6-month PSA test results. I paid 260mil ($52) for the office visit.

I stopped in the Arts & Crafts store and called Teresa but I understand they don’t have what she needs and maybe only Panamericana does.

I had about an hour wait to return to the apt by taxi for 15mil.

We had more rain in the evening.

Today I got in 5,494 steps.

 

Fun pix



1 comment:

  1. Terry, I enjoy the fun pics you add to your blog. I appreciate your pictures of all the various things you show us, restaurants, malls, etc. Please, give Theresa my congratulations on her new business. She is very talented and deserves success. Jack Williams

    ReplyDelete