Sunday, May 21, 2023

Saturday, May 20, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 9:45, I think I got up only once during the night, finally waking at 5:30 and getting up at 6am.

The street is wet so we must have had some rain overnight.

I booked my flights with American and chose my seats but at the payment stage it said because I’m paying with a US credit card I need to book on their USA site so I had to start over again. I finally got it booked: Monday, May 22nd to Monday, May 29th for $1223.65.

I left the apt at 9am and walked to the $efecty office in the Servientrega store on Ave Las Vegas where I paid the Direct TV bill. The Maca café is now Zibá, a hair salon.

Across the street I had a 5-minute wait for an Envigado bus. After paying the 2,850-peso (60 cents) fare I took a seat in back near the door. At McDonald’s the bus got in the left lane to turn up the hill. I asked the driver if we weren’t going to Viva Envigado and asked to get off. A couple passengers nicely pointed in the direction of the mall. I knew where it was, I just didn’t know we weren’t going there. There was something on the windshield of the bus I didn’t notice.

Since I was already on the correct side of the street I walked to Metro Sur mall to the Gana kiosk to pay the Tigo/Une bill.. There was a sign by the window pass thru saying they were temporarily closed. I saw a girl inside with a drink eating an apple. I wasn’t going to wait for her to finish her break so I walked across the street to Viva Envigado. I made a small ATM withdrawal then forwarded my American Airline flight email to Auros for printing.

I stopped at the Exito Wow! desk to ask if I could pay my Tigo/Une bill there and she wrote down “Oprap de Bancolombia” on a piece of paper and said, “2nd floor”.

I recycled a couple items then went up to the 2nd floor and it was at the top of the escalator. There was no line but I understood from the cashier’s actions that she needed a bar code to scan.

I went downstairs to Urbania for a latte and answered a few outstanding texts. The wake is going to be Tuesday from 2-8pm and the memorial will probably be weeks later. I confirmed my son would pick me up at the airport on Monday and I would stay with him a couple nights before moving into a hotel. (That’s assuming I get my driver’s license back.) I’m still trying to get some paper from my ex with my name and previous address on it to renew my driver’s license. I set up a Monday morning pickup with Bryan for 4am. I also gave him the pickup info for when I return.

I googled Tigo/Une hoping I wouldn’t have to go to Parque Envigado to pay my bill. Google said there is a location at local 262 300’ from where I’m sitting. I paid my bill and walked around the 2nd floor:

I saw that the Pergamino café is close to opening.



I snuck a quick peak inside.



This is what is currently set up in the atrium, a giant children’s slip n slide.



An interesting dune buggy (?) on display:



I finally found the small office down the metro wing. As I suspected, it was a place I couldn’t pay my bill but the young man surprised me by saying, “Western Union”, and pointed in that direction. I paid my bill in Western Union with no problem but now I wonder if I can pay other bills there.

It was almost 11:30 and I was hungry so I had the medium BBQ combo at Only Roastbeef.

I returned to the apt by taxi.

I got out my old suitcase from the garage storage unit and brought it upstairs.

I watched a couple more episodes of Fringe (8.4) until Teresa returned at 3:30.

It was about 9pm when I noticed it was raining but it had stopped by the time I went to bed at 9:45.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



No comments:

Post a Comment