Friday, May 26, 2023

Wednesday, May 24, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, woke/got up at 5am, took my shower and dressed in clean clothes. It’s nice to be in fresh clothes.

I’m working on the computer while waiting for Jimmy to wake/get up.

We left at 9:15 and walked 3 blocks in a windy, cold 58 degrees to Breakfast House Café & Restaurant where Jim had a waffle with coffee and I had a waffle with 2 lattes for a total of $40, not including tip. Jim paid.

Monday and Tuesday here we had a high of about 80 degrees, now the forecast is for 66 degrees.

I finally heard from Envios Market that Gisela didn’t give me the complete FedEx tracking number. Now I can see, using the full number 772197363176, that it’s in transit to Christiana, TN with expected delivery to Des Plaines between 9:30am and 1pm tomorrow. That should work.

Jimmy drove us to Jim & Annette’s townhouse on the Rob Roy golf course. I spent a few minutes with Jim, Jeannie and Jacob. Jimmy showed me how to start the car, etc.

I drove to Extended Stay America, 2400 Golf Rd, Rolling Meadows and parked the car in the shade.

I walked to Shake Shack but it was further than I thought. About 2 miles later I entered Woodfield Mall at the entrance next to Penney’s. Walking inside I checked google maps and it wasn’t very helpful when it told me to go NW or towards Patriot Dr. Finally, I found on a directory map that it was out in the parking lot. I finally found it back on Golf Rd.; if I had continued walking another 100 yards instead of entering the mall I would have found it. I had a simple cheese burger with fries and a strawberry malt for $19.34.

I looked at PaceBus.com website and found a 606 bus would arrive at the Mall Drive entrance. I saw one go by as I was walking there and another arrived 10 minutes later. It was $2.25 and I got dropped off across from the entrance to the hotel.

Checking in I found I really messed up: My reservation was for September 27th through 29th. How did that happen? Anyway, she got me a room and I need to cancel the other reservation.

My driver’s license is in Chicago as of 1:37pm and is scheduled to be delivered “5/25/23 by end of day estimated between “9:30am and 1:30pm”. I asked Jack if he could possibly pick me up tomorrow for our lunch get-together.

I traded emails with my ex and she informed me AT&T added our names and address to our account. I logged in and screen printed 3 pages to include everything.

I cancelled the 5/27-5/29 booking for Extended Stay through Booking.com.

I found a Staples on Arlington Heights Rd just northwest of Golf. I’ll need to print the letter for Laura and the AT&T screen-prints.

 

Why My Kid is Crying



 

No comments:

Post a Comment