Saturday, May 6, 2023

Friday, May 5, 2023

Last night I went to bed at 10pm, when Teresa came to bed she started breathing heavily so I moved to the other bedroom, got up once during the night, again around dawn, finally waking/getting up at 7:15.

Today is Cinco de Mayo, the Mexican holiday.

I left the apt at 8:45 with my gym bag and on my way, I see McDonald’s has created a 2nd order station.



They often have lines out to the street so this helps solve one problem, now if they can just keep up with demand inside.

At the mall I first looked for a Gente newspaper but no luck. At the gym while I completed my 40-minute workout, I saw 2 men wearing Chicago t-shirts, one for basketball the other for baseball. I asked to take this photo of them and they happily obliged:



When I returned to the locker room, I realized I forgot to bring a towel.

I went down to Urbania in my workout clothes and had a latte with a glass of water; today of all days they didn’t have any ice. Luckily, I still had some in my thermos which I added to my glass.

Today they had a fair in the atrium (and the 1st floor aisles) with local brands.




I looked again for a newspaper but still no luck. I returned to the apt by taxi.

Teresa says she needs a t-shirt for the gym so we’ll go to Mayorca this afternoon.

Teresa is working hard decorating another jacket for someone.

I watched a couple more episodes of Boardwalk Empire.

About 4pm Teresa informed me that Esmeralda and Alejandro are coming over and we’re going for pizza or patacones.

We were waiting for them in the porteria when they arrived by Didi at 7:30. We had pizza in Antica Pizza. Esmeralda is much better after her foot surgery and Alejandro’s school is out on strike for the past 2-3 weeks. We all had pizza plus Alejandro had one of those special teas and I paid the check of 66mil.

As usual we walked down the hill to the bakery to buy a snack for the porteros but they were closing. We went across the street and quickly caught a taxi. They got out at the Metro Sur mall so they would only have to walk 2 blocks to the metro.

In our porteria the portero gave me my shipping box that contained 3 boxes and 3 envelopes. The packages were my 24 oz. bag of peanuts (arriving too late for last weekend’s NFL draft), my new laptop cable lock, and 3 containers of my Calendula flower capsules. The envelopes were a St. Jude donation request, an annual “Group Annuity Certifificate” from MetLife and a Retirement Plan Annual Funding Notice from Zurich. (In the future I can probably have these envelopes thrown away when they arrive in Florida.)

 

tRump’s Arrest



No comments:

Post a Comment